Weight distrobution

rage

Seaman
I am thinking of switching my gas tank to a 62 gallon poly tank that mounts below deck. Found a tank that fits between stringers from KVE. My old tank mounted in engine area on port side and was only 18 gallons ( i hate refilling 2 times in a weekend). My main question is this, if i use this new tank and mount it in the center of boat am I likely to have handling, stability, or planing issues?

ajp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Weight distrobution

You are adding over 300 lbs with a full tank. Basically like having a couple of extra guys. That should tell you what to expect.

gewf631

Chief Petty Officer

I am thinking of switching my gas tank to a 62 gallon poly tank that mounts below deck. Found a tank that fits between stringers from KVE.
62 gallons?<br /><br />I just got one of Val's 26 gallon tanks, to put in my 18' Starcraft (18"x80"x8"). It replaces the 18 gallon, port-side, engine area, above-deck tank. There was a discussion about this here.<br /><br />The way I figured, the weight is about the same, I'm just moving it forward and lower, so I'm not expecting much difference in performance. I'll be able to tell you in another week or so, but I agree with ajp's assessment - that's a pretty big jump in weight/size!

jomac

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Both will more than likely improve My 19CC has a 42gal built in tank it is a whole lot more stable when full,rides better also! I say go for a larger tank , but 62gal thats big :rolleyes:

rage

Seaman

What can i say, I like to overdo things. Also i want to be able to go for days and not worry about it. thanks for the help.