used boat

KXP

Seaman Apprentice
uncle offered me a 1991 larson its in good condition the olny thing is it needs a motor he cracked the block a 305 engine he said he would give it to me how much is a engine. any oponions would be appreciated.

D

DJ

Re: used boat

Ken,<br /><br />A reman. longblock should be able to be had for less than $2,500.00

KXP

Seaman Apprentice

they cost that much i thought that they would cost less.

93bronco

Ensign

if the rest of the boat is in good condition, and your are getting it for free!! take it!!<br />you could go out and spend 2 to 5k on a used boat only to have the samething happen. atleast you know whats wrong with this one.<br />if you can afford the 14k + or the payments buy new.<br />but a COMPLETE FREE BOAT W/TRAILER THAT FLOATS is a good deal. hey at best take it, think about it, research it <price of motor> and if you decide not to- either give it back or sell it. <br />you mite regret not taking it.

D

DJ

Ken,<br /><br />That's a fully warranted long block.<br /><br />You can probably replace a bare block, doing the labor yourself, for about half that. That would be for a salvage block.

hey,<br /><br />do you guys have any ideas where to get a salvaged 4.3 block. . been lookin gfor one for a few weeks and no luck. . thanks