??? just ???

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer
What words could posibly desribe this???

1225.jpg

I guess everyone has their moment of glory :facepalm:

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: ??? just ???

knowing what is going on there since I am a pretty experienced person in repelling, that particular individual is in a world of poop, which coincidentally is most likely what he is doing...

He has slid out of his harness, luckily it looks like he bent his knees in time to catch him, looks like a FISK descender (I have four or five, WONDERFUL Devices) at his feet and this would be conservatively stated as improper form...

southkogs

Staff member

Looks like he's in tactical gear too. Maybe a dynamic entry from a roof gone sour?

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

I'm reminded of a ditty that my father-in-law used to sing: "When the moon comes over the cow shed ...."

64osby

Admiral

Looks like he forgot to put on a belt that day.

I used to climb a little and he certainly has screwed it up.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Not sure, he has two ropes which means he either has a safety that he is not using or he is top roped, I agree that he is wearing tactical clothing although I am sure he is going to need a new pair of tactical underwear after this event...:lol::D

In any event I hope he got things figured out, landing in that position is not fun

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Good thing he wasn't coming down aussie style.

(thats alot of rigging, what ever happened to building a swiss seat and hot boxing a beaner?)

cgibbo308

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Aussie style??
You mean forward rappelling?
kinda running down the wall while facing the ground? lol did it once.. never again.
somethings i will try twice, that AINT one of them

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Aussie style??
You mean forward rappelling?
kinda running down the wall while facing the ground? lol did it once.. never again.
somethings i will try twice, that AINT one of them

YUP and YUP.

My center of gravity is more on the top end then the middle of the old bod these day, so I would be going down the face head first, and that does not sound like much fun!