Pedestal seat stuck (seat to pole)

zachm_24

Recruit
Hey everyone. Just bought a new Stratos 176 VLO yesterday and had a question. I've searched everywhere for a good answer but all i find is issues with the pedestal stuck to the boat itself. I'm trying to remove the seat from the pole and just can't do it to save my life. The seat was easy to remove at the dealership, but after getting it home and sitting in the seat to see how comfortable it was, the seat seemed to settle in the post just a tad more with a "click" like locking in sound once sat in. Now that i want to remove the seat, i can't no matter how hard i tug and pull. There's no secret switch that i can find or anything that might be keeping it locked in. And it's hard to get anything around the piece of metal that protrudes from the seat because there is a spring there which i guess is supposed to provide some sort of extra comfort, even though i can't see how it can help but so much. Any help is appreciated.

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Pedestal seat stuck (seat to pole)

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

I think your best bet is to wait for the dealership to open tomorrow and give them a call.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

does it rotate within the pole? If not I'd say you have a corrosion issue and you need to soak the pin with wd 40 (through the spring and put the seat in the boat..... let it sit for a few minutes and then sit on it again, a little harder so that it goes in a little further then stand up and repeat... you will be using your weight and the spring to your advantage to work the wd into the corrosion that is holding it in.

get it lubed and get it moving.... when get it to the point that you can twist it you can pull it out.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH

Missed that.... if that's the case then yeah definitely get the dealer to explain or fix it.

zachm_24

Recruit

Boat is brand new off the showroom floor. Just the protruding piece of metal on the seat is stuck within the pole. I am afraid to use WD-40 in fear that the plastic ring in the pole could absorb it and worsen the problem.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

there is no reason to have to lube a new seat pole... I assumed it was old... don't do anything..... the dealer will take care of it