Cen-Tech Digital Inspection Camera

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
I am sort of in the middle of doing some motor work. Changing out the water pump in my little 9.9 mariner. In the past it has been a real struggle to fit the water pump tube back into its socket due to its behind a plate that's part of the mid section housing, and you have to look through the drive shaft hole to align it. Now to the point, and of course I am laying on my back trying to look up through the mid section and find the socket by feel. I was thinking about picking up a inspection camera, just wondering if any one had one. The price isn't bad and it would be real handy.

Inspection Camera - Save on this Digital Inspection Camera

bigdee

Commander
Re: Cen-Tech Digital Inspection Camera

I have one. Overall it works great but there are a few concerns:
1. The camera head is fairly large and the goose-neck extension is stiff
2. It takes a little bit of eye,hand co-ordination
I use mine alot for reading data and serial plates on machinery and for that purpose it works great. Read the reviews on the Harbor Freight website.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I appreciate the response. For what little I will use it that should be fine. It will be for like this where I cant see very well or tracking down a lost bolt.

I did read a few of the reviews, and I got the impression that over all it works.

RogersJetboat454

Commander

I have this guy..

Digital Inspection Camera with Recorder

Works great, can take pictures and record video. Has a spot for an SD card, and can upload to a PC VIA USB.

FWIW, Autel is the company that makes these cameras, and scan tools for Harbor Freight.
Autel

They are an up-and coming player in the auto field.

I believe this is their equivalent model of the HF camera you're looking at;
Autel

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I went ahead and picked up the one I was looking at, it says it will fit a spark plug hole and looking at it I think it will if not I can all ways exchange it, I don't necessarily need to record any thing, its just for my personal use. Of course its pouring the rain now a nasty storm front is moving through so it will be a few days till I can get back to it, It has to be better than a flash light taped to a telescoping mirror that I used last time

RogersJetboat454

Commander

I went ahead and picked up the one I was looking at, it says it will fit a spark plug hole and looking at it I think it will if not I can all ways exchange it

The sources I read on the one you bought were a bit confusing. It had mentioned something about a 16mm camera head, but then said 8.5mm head standard. If it comes with the 8.5mm head, that's the same as what mine has.

mscher

Lieutenant

I went ahead and picked up the one I was looking at, it says it will fit a spark plug hole and looking at it I think it will if not I can all ways exchange it, I don't necessarily need to record any thing, its just for my personal use. Of course its pouring the rain now a nasty storm front is moving through so it will be a few days till I can get back to it, It has to be better than a flash light taped to a telescoping mirror that I used last time

I have one of these, which works all right.

You better have a pretty big spark plug, for that camera head to fit trough - maybe a John Deere "A" tractor. ;)