Force 5 Propeller

Sandpiper565

Recruit
I broke a blade off my 91 Force 5 model number 52E91D. The replacement propeller seems to be out of stock (Michigan Wheel PART NUMBER 72123 (not sure if this is the correct part number?? Would somebody please give me advice on where to look next?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force 5 Propeller

Force 5 is a 150 horsepower engine. Look right here on iboats for a replacement. You do not need the Michigan wheel; any aftermarket prop designed for that engine will do. (however, don't be fooled: Michigan makes the Michigan brand as well as others like Vortex and Ballistic)

You will be looking for a 13 inch nominal diameter. Depending upon what size hull and what load you carry, it will be 15, 17, 19, or 21 pitch. If it is pushing a large pontoon, you may need as low as 13 pitch.

You just need to be certain that the hub is for the small gearcase (4 inch diameter nominal) and it is a thru-hub exhaust model. Many Mercury props will also fit as the propshaft is 15 splines and the same diameter as Mercury.

Sandpiper565

Recruit

Force 5 is a 150 horsepower engine. Look right here on iboats for a replacement. You do not need the Michigan wheel; any aftermarket prop designed for that engine will do. (however, don't be fooled: Michigan makes the Michigan brand as well as others like Vortex and Ballistic)

You will be looking for a 13 inch nominal diameter. Depending upon what size hull and what load you carry, it will be 15, 17, 19, or 21 pitch. If it is pushing a large pontoon, you may need as low as 13 pitch.

You just need to be certain that the hub is for the small gearcase (4 inch diameter nominal) and it is a thru-hub exhaust model. Many Mercury props will also fit as the propshaft is 15 splines and the same diameter as Mercury.

I think the Force 5 is a 5 hp motor, I have a 19.5 foot Sandpiper 565 sailbooat.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The Mercury marine (They owned Force) part number for the prop is 48-820110A20 7 1/4" DIA. 6 1/2" P prop. Most any Merc dealer can order you one.