What type of make/model/year/size is my winner boat?!?!

nikknakk87

Recruit
0126130939.jpg0126130939a.jpg0126130939c.jpg0126130939.jpg0126130939a.jpg0126130941c.jpg0126130939c.jpg0126130941b.jpg

Hello, I am trying to identify the Winner boat we have. Here are pictures of just about every angle and stamp on the boat. Can somebody help me and fill me in with the information I'm looking for? Please and thank you!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: What type of make/model/year/size is my winner boat?!?!

View attachment 179984View attachment 179985View attachment 179987View attachment 179984View attachment 179985View attachment 179996View attachment 179987View attachment 179995

Hello, I am trying to identify the Winner boat we have. Here are pictures of just about every angle and stamp on the boat. Can somebody help me and fill me in with the information I'm looking for? Please and thank you!

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... I gotta Guess it's a Winner, Mako... least, that's what the tags say...

The year will be on the registration, as well as most all of what yer askin' 'bout...

That little blue tag, just starboard of the motor should be the hin #....

'n as for it's Length,.... Measure it...

southkogs

Staff member

Look HERE.

Look at the page "Model years 69 to 71." Looks like they only named/made the Mako in 1970. 14'9" LOA (listed her as a 15' based on your capacity plate), 73" beam with a max HP of 80.

You've got a 65HP Evinrude Triumph Electric shift - which, if it works will be a nice motor. Most likely that's the original motor.

Welcome Aboard!

nikknakk87

Recruit

Look HERE.

Look at the page "Model years 69 to 71." Looks like they only named/made the Mako in 1970. 14'9" LOA (listed her as a 15' based on your capacity plate), 73" beam with a max HP of 80.

You've got a 65HP Evinrude Triumph Electric shift - which, if it works will be a nice motor. Most likely that's the original motor.

Welcome Aboard!

Thank you so much! You REALLY helped in answering my question, I appreciate it so much! Glad to have all these boat experts around! :))

southkogs

Staff member

No problem ... I just happen to get a kick outta' the old glass runabouts, so I can hunt 'em up easy. Winner was built originally in Dickson, TN - a little less than an hour from me, so it's a little local history too.

Enjoy.

nikknakk87

Recruit

So thats what kind of boat it is, a "runabout"? When I was originally researching my boat, one website asked me what style of boat it was; fishing boat, bass boat, motor boat, bows-something-boat, etc. 3-4 of them looked how it looked so I wasn't sure which one! lol :joyous:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The style you have is called a bow rider. There is seating up in the bow with a walk through windshield. runabouts usually have the front (in front of the windshield) covered with fiberglass with some storage under it.

Like this:

l_Checkmate_Boats_Pulse_171_2007_AI-234834_II-11270811.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

It's a bow-rider style runabout... because there's bow seats so you can RIDE in the BOW... ;)

Runabout because it's not strictly set up as a fishing boat, nor just as a ski boat, and doesn't have features of both so it's not a fish & ski......

EDIT: I differ to Don's definition of a runabout...

southkogs

Staff member

I would have said the same thing as JB above, but like him - I'll defer to Don's definition.

So ... I like old glass runabouts and bow riders. :D

etracer68

Ensign

And the opinons begin. I have to agree with Don on this one, but not the boat shown in the picture. Runabout, is an older term to classify a boat, Bowrider is a newer term. A Runabout to me, is an older, wood, closed bow boat, like the older woodys.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

And the opinons begin. I have to agree with Don on this one, but not the boat shown in the picture. Runabout, is an older term to classify a boat, Bowrider is a newer term. A Runabout to me, is an older, wood, closed bow boat, like the older woodys.

Oh, boy- new debate.

Sorry etracer. A 'runabout' is a closed bow boat as Don described it. Doesn't matter whether it's made of wood, fiberglass or aluminum. A 'bowrider' isn't a newer term for a runabout. It's a different style of boat.

jbcurt00

Staff member

To be clear, I do not disagree w/ Don, so NO debate from me
wink.gif

:focus:: Is this Winner a pending purchase or already in your boatyard?

The pix you posted don't have any red flags that indicate that it's in anything but decent shape. In fact, this pix of the windshield, aligning properly:
attachment.php

Indicate the deck under the consoles is likely in good shape.

I don't know anything about the Triumph motor by Evinrude, right? Is it running?

Let us know how it's going if you already own it. If not, let us know if you decide to buy it. The OB motor threads may help w/ the motor.... And if it needs some work, the resto forum will help you get it back in service.