what type of top is this?

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
The photo is what I call a cabin cover or cabin top. I have searched for tops, covers, bimini tops and can't find any like this one. Does anyone know what type of top this is?

Attachments

• CABIN COVER.jpg
    CABIN COVER.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 0

mnmattie

Seaman
Re: what type of top is this?

I would call it a half camper top, and a full camper top goes to the splash well. I'm sure others will chime in with other names as well. Or a sun canopy too.

Bondo

Staff member

The photo is what I call a cabin cover or cabin top. I have searched for tops, covers, bimini tops and can't find any like this one. Does anyone know what type of top this is?

Ayuh,.... It's just a bimini that snaps to the windshield, rather than free-standing...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Do you want 1? Or need to replace 1?

If you take the pix you posted to many upholstery shops, they can make you 1 very similar, from the pix, if you take them your boat.

May be tough to find an off the shelf top & frame that fit a 25+yr old boat...... Might get lucky though.......

Best of luck..

I googled convertible boat top & many of the results were very similar to your sample.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys. It certainly is a convertible top with side curtains. My brain just couldn't think of the word convertible. I jswut ought the boat 1 1/2 months ago and have not opened the top yet. Being 25 yrs old I was prepared for rips, holes or huge tears in it. Now I know what to search for in case it is toast.

Ned L

Commander

Yes, now they call them 'Bimini tops', traditionally they were called 'navy tops'. Doubtful there are many here who would remember or know that though.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yep, but many of the aftermarket bimini's are a free-standing mount, not attached across the windshield.....

google image search

No matter, w/ a pix & a boat, many (most?) shops should be able to make 1, whatever they're called :)