Merc 350 Mag ID

tobebent

Cadet
I am looking at a boat with a Merc 350 Mag engine with a whipple charger installed on it. All the plastics with the Merc Logo and such are gone because of the blower installation. Is there a # on the block to verify that this is indeed a 350 mag. I don't believe a whipple is even available for a 5.0 MPI, but just want to be sure. This is a 2003 model.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Merc 350 Mag ID

I am looking at a boat with a Merc 350 Mag engine with a whipple charger installed on it. All the plastics with the Merc Logo and such are gone because of the blower installation. Is there a # on the block to verify that this is indeed a 350 mag. I don't believe a whipple is even available for a 5.0 MPI, but just want to be sure. This is a 2003 model.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... There should be an aluminum tag riveted to the block down, just above the starter, or on the block's bellhousin' flange in that area...

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: Merc 350 Mag ID

And if that is gone, on the back/top of the block, where the bellhousing bolts should be an embossed set of numbers letters. 50L G means it's a 305 gas engine, 57L G means it's a 350 gas engine.