Don't know how to hook up carb hoses on 1989 30 hp

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Just bought this motor cheap. When I got it home I noticed how the carb hoses were hooked up and know they're not correct but I don't know how they are suppose to go and I can't find information on it anywhere. The yellow hose runs back to a nipple on the bottom of the intake manifold which I'm assuming is the manifold bleed-off passage. Where does the bleed-off passage hose go if I'm correct? I might be able to figure out the rest of it but I'd rather not try and guess. I have a Clymer service manual but no help there. Thanks.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 0

jasper60103

Commander
Re: Don't know how to hook up carb hoses on 1989 30 hp

alan,
you have an electric primer system on your motor. The primer's job is to supply extra fuel to the motor during cold starts. The primer should have two lines going out (via the T connector), one to a nipple on the intake manifold and the other to a nipple on top of the carb.

Here's a pic of mine showing the connection to the intake manifold. Note, mine is a manual primer, but the connections are the same. Sorry, I don't have a pic showing the connection to the carb.

SDC12876.jpg

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Don't know how to hook up carb hoses on 1989 30 hp

Thanks for taking the time to reply...that helps a lot.