Peehole does NOT work when using freshwater washout but DOES work with engine running

yamahalover

Cadet
I can connect the water hose to the freshwater washdown and water comes out of the foot but NOT the Pee hole. When I first got the motor the water would come out of the Pee hole. Now it does not. It does come out the Pee hole if I run the motor with ear muffs or run it in the water. No overheating problem whatsoever. This puzzles me and makes me wonder if the freshwater washout is doing its job. It is a 115 Yamaha bought in 2004 and I love it.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Peehole does NOT work when using freshwater washout but DOES work with engine run

It sounds like it's just plugged. When my Johnson plugged up I just blew air with a hose back thru it......

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Peehole does NOT work when using freshwater washout but DOES work with engine run

Water pressure ... ;)

cooleyo

Cadet

Mine, 04 F225, won't either while using the freshwater connection. I have to tilt the motor up a bit, then use my mouth to siphon the water out. Once it starts it will continue to flow. Not really the highlight of my fishing trips, but it makes me feell better to know its been flushed thoroughly.

ozydan72

Recruit

Hi
I have 2 sets of earmuffs for flushing my motors. The square one when connected won't send water through to pee hole but when I put the round one on water goes through and gushes out of pee hole. For the cost of $10 definitely worth buying a different style one. If it flushes on lake then it has to be the earmuffs.

Dan

yamahalover

Cadet

Mine, 04 F225, won't either while using the freshwater connection. I have to tilt the motor up a bit, then use my mouth to siphon the water out. Once it starts it will continue to flow. Not really the highlight of my fishing trips, but it makes me feell better to know its been flushed thoroughly.

That is interesting! I remember when I first got the boat and would leave it in the water overnight, I would tilt the motor out of the salt water and connect the freshwater washout hose to the engine. Water came out of the pee hole then at a good rate of speed. So maybe it has something to do with the block being at a different angle. Very Interesting! I will try this the next time we take the boat
Mine was tilted ALL THE WAY UP when it did work like this. Try tilting up higher and maybe you will not have to create the siphon with you mouth.

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If it functions when the engine is running, don't worry about why is doesn't on the flush fitting. It doesn't really matter ... ;)

yamahalover

Cadet

Thanks See my reply below