My Tips Which May Help Someone

dropbear68

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ive done up several hulls over the years and even built a few from scratch, pending on your intended purpose and how heavy your wallet is and mine is always full of dust and butterflys lol Ive become a bit of a guru at making do and improvising, my current project is a late 70s NautiGlass V16 with a Chrysler 70HP, she has done alot of work this hull over the years and the 70s had several rebuilds, it was showing its age, I got it fairly cheap and its just a fishing boat to me I dont see the need in spending major amounts of money on something with all the bells and whistles when an older boat does the same job, long as your not into playing keep up with the joneses.

Paint, mine was shot, I merely filled the nicks and scrapes with polyester filler, a good rub down with wet and dry, I used Dulux Kill Rust epoxy enamel, as a painter I can vouch for this stuff, it drys hard, last really well and is so easy to clean down and repaint every 5 years, its suitable for exterior and on the inside too, luckily my floor and transom was sound and needed nothing other then a clean, I have even coated the Chrysler in it, 4 coats in all and it looks a treat too, the trailer will cop a few coats of Kill Rust Silver in time, with some careful washing and flushing after each sea trip it will last me out,

Hull ETC
The old dump shops have turned up everything from the Aux motor to PFDs, and the old internet makes life even cheaper and better, so far Im into it for 4grand which includes cost of boat, paint, carpet, nav light upgrade and electronic over haul, now you wont get much in the way of one of them little alloy boats for 4Grand, I dont have much left to do other then a basic detail, refit the bimini and were ready to launch, Im not a materialistic person this rig suits me fine its a time proven hull with excellent sea keeping qualitys, you dont need to spend a fortune if you dont want too, but this is how I do things, Ill put some pics up soon of her and you can see for yourselves that you can get out there for not alot of money and still look good at the same time

dropbear68

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: My Tips Which May Help Someone

I also replaced all the bolts and screws i could get at with new stainless stuff, not sure what was holding the plugs in the screws in the surrounds were gone with some good luck and possibly some divine intervention keeping them in place coz if it fell out one would be in the pooh, I also did the prop shear and split pins and greased the shaft amazing how many people dont lube the prop shaft or carry spares of these pins