Yankee Girl is changing color

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer
Took me 6 + 4 Hours to get the old stripping off along with the adhesive left behind. And I have one side of the main color done in Red vinyl. Looks very good. The high gloss of the vinyl shows every ding, bump and mark on the aluminum fence but unless it's in your face it looks great. It would be the same with a high gloss paint so I'm happy. I have 6 more sections to do the red on and then some metallic graphics in the lower areas. Waiting for that vinyl to come in. Name, Number and maybe a bit more and she will be looking sweet. I will get a before and after pic tomorrow at least of the one side. And more when the graphics are on. I still need to come up with a great design for the graphics.
The weather was perfect today. A chilly morning 60s but the sun got my shirt of in the afternoon. I feel for you all up in the snow.

figgyb

Cadet
Re: Yankee Girl is changing color

Could you post some before/after pics? Is it hard to do? We were just recently wondering about doing the same thing to our pontoon... Where did you get the vinyl?

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer

Pictures later today. I do some sign work on the side so I got the vinyl from my supplier. Sign Warehouse.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Its on my work list eventually to do the same thing. I am lucky being as my panels is on the inside. I can cap some new panels on the out side and just paint the insides. I had planned on doing it this winter but ended up getting a newer truck instead.

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer

Here is picture of the red only. Hopefully next week end I can get the graphics on.
Before
original boat.jpg

After
2013-01-20_15-38-59_871.jpg

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

What color is the yankee girls hair lol l will make you make you a logo. I will give it a shot as is and see what you think.

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks MH,
Yankee Girl's a Blonde.

What do you plan on using for the log on your boat? Or will you paint it on?

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

You can have them made at some of the graphic vinyl makers, and here is a quick rough one. Aint a blonde though but will give you the idea.

yankee girl 1 .jpg

this is the one I just finished for mine

bad dog 512 color 4 jpg.jpg

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer

MH,
Forgot about the Merc comment. I actually like Evinrudes and would like to have a 60 on the pontoon. This Honda has been good to me though. Runs well starts quick, quiet.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I ran across this, what do you think. I am using a red as close as i can match as a back ground.

Rooster is the merc man. My opinion on the best motor to have is one that runs :D

Yankee Girl 2.jpg

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer

Shes a keeper. I like the first one better.
Sorry Rooster Senior moment I guess :laugh:

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

shoot me your e mail in IM and ill finish the first one in 2 formats, one as is and one the red will be clear.

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer

MH Hawker has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Sorry about that, I didn't know I needed to clean it out. OK it should work now :lol:

Cubbyblue22

Petty Officer 1st Class

That blonde yankee girl might get me in trouble.....very nice job!!! :lol:

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Well that is one of the down sides of being retired :lol: and its 54 days till I can splash mine for the year and I did a full rebuild on it last year and it only needed a few minor things this year. So yea I dont have a lot to do, Would you like one for your boat rooster :lol::lol: What comes to my mind is a image from a old poster called lets boogie. snickers , I will see if I can find it.

Some thing like this
1105.jpg