You guys have changed me...

NHGuy

Captain
I've been working on reupholstering my boat. It's coming along slowly since I have not ever been trained in sewing, just watched my mom & gramma do some sewing when I was a kid way back. Then some videos recently. I'm still down on the beginning of the learning curve but I'm improving and starting to figure things out.
I've changed in this way. I came home today and hemmed a pair of pants that have sat in my closet with a screwed up pantleg for at least 3 years. Then I sewed up a torn pocket in my old winter yard coat.
All because I got frustrated with my old cracked vinyl in the boat. Who says boating can't make you a better do it yerselfer. I'm getting a new skill while I avoid paying for an upholsterer.
Thanks to all who have posted interior repair & upholstery help, you guys rule!

JDA1975

Lieutenant
Re: You guys have changed me...

glad to hear that you have gained something from the upholstery related threads, makes it worth while to keep posting them

V153

Lieutenant Commander

Whatever you do don't attempt to do canvas/upholstery for a living, if'n ya know what's good for you. I've aged 75 years during the past ten ...

tpenfield

Staff member

I tried to hem a pair of pants a while back, but the Admiral insisted on doing it. :noidea:

I was allowed to fix the clothes dryer, yesterday. . . . :rolleyes:

I re-upholstered the rear seat on my 242 a while back and had the same learning experience. My 'new' boat will probably need new upholstery in a few years. So, like you, I hope to be able to do it for short money. :encouragement: