In case anyone misses me this weekend

lncoop

Vice Admiral
I'll be on the Buffalo River. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: In case anyone misses me this weekend

Who are you again????? :boink::bounce:

Don't forget to take the giraffes! Or, are you gonna kennel them??????

JRJ

Commander

Have fun, wherever it is.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaarty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at lncoops house tonight
:bump:

southkogs

Staff member

Have fun, wherever it is.
Northwestern Arkansas ... it's on the list of my "after I retire" trout fishing trips.

Watch out for rogue llama's up there Coop. I hear they're all over that area.

aspeck

Staff member

:llama::llama:It was peaceful around here till someone left the llamas out. Who left the llamas out?

they ought to compose a song ...

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

The cold front slowed me down a bit...won't get there til later. Does anyone know where the spare key is?:noidea:

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The cold front slowed me down a bit...won't get there til later. Does anyone know where the spare key is?:noidea:

Yep, he leaves it in one of those fake rocks next to the front door........:facepalm:

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Aw heck, Luke! Leaving the front door unlocked is just the kind of courtesy I've come to expect from you!

Come on folks...party's ON:horn:

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Well, the place wasn't too trashed. Thanks for showing some restraint guys.:angel: Had a large time showing a ten year old boy the jewel of the Ozarks. The first night the coyotes started tuning up just after dark. That creeped him out a little, but we were able to persuade him they wouldn't be coming into the tent to eat him. I finally stopped counting the bald eagles, but we saw at least twenty. Their numbers sure have increased in the last few years. I know they're not that special in other parts of the country, but they are here. On the second day a rock slide ensued and we looked up at the top of a bluff to see a hog rooting around. Caught a few smallies but the fishing was pretty slow which was no surprise. Didn't see any llamas or giraffes. They were probably on the upper reach.:laugh: Kogs, come on down and we'll spend a week out there catching smallies and trout and whatever else we can scare up.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Did you do your trip in the canoe or take the barge?

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Did you do your trip in the canoe or take the barge?

Canoe and kayak. Wouldn't be able to get a barge down the Buffalo. It's a paddler's river. If the level exceeds six feet on that reach I take the raft just so I can be lazy and bounce off stuff. It was just below four feet when we launched on Saturday. Here are a couple of pics from the put in. Don't have any others because it was too cold the rest of the time for my phone's battery. Guess I'll have to get an actual camera one of these days. The little guy is my main camping/floating buddy's son. He's been in love with my daughter since they were babies.
photo.JPGphoto.JPG

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Oopsie. Looks like I posted the same pic twice. Here's the loaded canoe (which some would call a barge).
photo (3).JPG

rbh

Fleet Admiral

YUP, your loaded.

We have always had a big laker canoe (aluminum or fiberglass), great on the big lake and rivers less than class 2 when fully loaded.
Got caught in a whirl pool for 30 minutes once on the Thompson river, went round and round and round, till we realized you paddle for the center to get kicked/spit out at warp speed.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

The Buffalo ranges from class I to III. That reach is all class I except for one rapid below where we took out. That Mad River can absolutely swallow gear. People like me have trouble remembering that just because it will fit doesn't necessarily mean you should bring it LOL.:facepalm:

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Alright...who left this at my house while I was at Coops??????????????????

giraffe.jpg

southkogs

Staff member

...Kogs, come on down and we'll spend a week out there catching smallies and trout and whatever else we can scare up.
You're on ... I'll let you know when that trip pops up on my calendar!

Looks like a great trip. Great seeing you take the little guy out. He musta' loved it.