A TINNY I would even be intersted in.

PS94

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: A TINNY I would even be intersted in.

But...But...where's the wakeboard tower? ;)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Smokes! That boat is saaaaawwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeettt!

:cool-new::cool-new::cool-new::cool-new::cool-new::cool-new:

buellwinkle

Petty Officer 3rd Class

They would never allow that on my lake. Nice boat though, but aren't all brand new boats nice.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Pavati boat.jpg
Pavati sells one with a wakeboard tower built on.
They have this fully welded aluminum boat on the market now. I think I'd be more likely to get one of these.
(But I'm going to keep my current boat)

buellwinkle

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I don't get the point of an aluminum? Wouldn't it dent easily? Is lighter weight and advantage or disadvantage when wakeboarding? If the boat is so light you need ballast bags, what's the point of it being light?

What's funny is the new aircraft AA has been buying are no longer aluminum and the polished aluminum has been there look for many years but new jets are made of composites which are lighter and stronger than the aluminum.

If you want to see how strong aluminum is, stand on an empty beer/soda can. It can support an average man's weight. Now kick it slightly with your other foot while standing on it, enough to put a small dent on the side, it collapses instantly. The boat may be strong as built, but a dent may make it collapse like that beer can.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I don't get the point of an aluminum?

I think that it's basically better than glass in every imaginable way.

I'm sure my buddies smoke and CC up there would agree ^^^^.

:boink::croc::caked::fencing::fear::behindsofa:

chriscraft254

Commander

I think that it's basically better than glass in every imaginable way.

I'm sure my buddies smoke and CC up there would agree ^^^^.

Bahahahah. I told you a tinny boat would be excellent to throw all my empty beer cans in. :bump2::violin::drum:

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

I don't get the point of an aluminum? Wouldn't it dent easily? Is lighter weight and advantage or disadvantage when wakeboarding? If the boat is so light you need ballast bags, what's the point of it being light?

the wakeboarding comment probably just meant it was missing one important piece!

No, there are no aluminum wake boats. You want as much weight as you can safely get in the hull to throw a big wake. Also, although its not a rule, you don't see many large aluminum boats with a shallow V design. I'm guessing its a little tough to get the strength needed. (which goes exactly back to your beercan example)

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

What's funny is the new aircraft AA has been buying are no longer aluminum and the polished aluminum has been there look for many years but new jets are made of composites which are lighter and stronger than the aluminum.

If you want to see how strong aluminum is, stand on an empty beer/soda can. It can support an average man's weight. Now kick it slightly with your other foot while standing on it, enough to put a small dent on the side, it collapses instantly. The boat may be strong as built, but a dent may make it collapse like that beer can.

Wow, I have no idea what to say about this post....

First off the news about AA is they are painting their fleet... while yes they are buying some 787's, they are also buying hundreds of other aircraft that are mostly aluminum.

Second fiberglass is nowhere near comparable to the carbon composites you speak of. Your beer can example, make a cylinder the same size and wall thickness as a beer can, and it would just shatter under your weight. And you saying an aluminum boat collapsing like a beer can....really...

buellwinkle

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yes, they are painting their plastic airplanes to look like aluminum but only their best and most expensive planes, the cheaper ones are made of aluminum.

So you pull up to a dock and tap into the edge of the dock, won't it dent the boat? A ski or wakeboard taps into it, then what. This is not a 100lbs aluminum row boat or canoe, the is going to be 2-3,000lbs with maybe another 500-1,000 of people and gear. There's a lot of expanse of aluminum that has nothing behind it, nothing to support it. I drive a car that is made in a similar way, steel sheets reinforced by a sub-structure. It uses steel that is way stronger than aluminum of the same thickness, yet it easily dents, heck, someone elses door tapping into my door makes dents. So my theory is the aluminum wakeboard boat will dent up and look like poo after a few years of regular use. BTW, no door dings on my plastic paneled French made car.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

LOL... here my buds and I have bee partying on my friend's 38' welded aluminum (HEAVY) sportfisher and all this time, if someone had kicked it we would have all been instantly killed!!!!!!

Of course aluminum is better than fiberglass, at conducting electricity.... Maybe that's why it turns into a white powder with a little salt on it.... LOL

buellwinkle

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Looks like you survived, but so have some that went over niagra falls in a barrel.

I know what you're thinking. "Do you have six dents or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a 38' aluminum boat, the most powerful aluminum boat in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

chriscraft254

Commander

Man, all this stuff about airplanes and beer have made me want to take a plane trip to the carribean and drink a few brews,lol I was just saying I like the looks and build of the tinny posted. I guess all those plane crashes were from someone kicking the side of the aircraft. There is a little bit of difference in thickness I think in the boat I posted and a tin can,lmao Won't be trading in my CC though. lol

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I prefer the taste from glass bottles.

But, smoke, I did post a picture and link of an metal wake boat and know people who have ridden in it.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

I wouldn't trade em even up either.... unless they were down for it.... Hey new is new LOL

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

100_2733.jpg

this 1957 built LoneStar El Dorado was the top of the line & super cool preformance boat of the day.
56 years later it is still awsome.
I owned it for 20+ years and can attest it is pretty much indestructable. Aluminum FLEXES instead of breaking.
The paint is worn of the bottom from beaching it on rocks & concrete boat ramps. Try that in a fiberglass boat.

How aboat Air Boats that drive accross dry land, a bazillion aluminum flat bottom boats that last forever. Google white water jet boats that run shallow , rocky rivers.
They are made of aluminum because they are tough!
wake up!