NFL - Conference Championship Weekend.............

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Niners vs Falcons 3pm ET FOX

Ravens vs Patriots 6:30pm ET CBS

Will there be any surprises this week? I think the Ravens had their one upset. Expecting NE to come out on top. If the Niners offense has a day like last week, they should roll over the Falcons....... Will NE then take it all? I think so.......

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: NFL - Conference Championship Weekend.............

I'll be at the NE game, so I hope that they "take it all" . . .

Of course the NE roster is getting pretty thin with all the injuries :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Oh I want NE to beat the Ravens..... even by one point and I will be happy :) Go Pat's!! :D

aspeck

Staff member

I dislike Cheater Belichick even more than I dislike the Ravens and Ray Lewis. So I will be forced to root for the Ravens. I will be pulling for the 9'ers to take it all.

Unfortunately I have a meeting between 6 and 8 on Sunday evening, so I will be missing some important parts of the games!

QC

Supreme Mariner

I think I want Niners/NE so I'll mildly pull that direction. These days all I really care about is a good game. I am sort of an overnight Kaepernick bandwagon guy though. That performance was flippin' awesome for a rook.

Edit: Check that. That performance was awesome for anybody! Wow.

TilliamWe

Banned

I dislike Cheater Belichick even more than I dislike the Ravens and Ray Lewis...

Really? Taping other teams practices is worse than being involved in a double murder? Wow, just wow. :(

82rude

Rear Admiral

go falcons !they got to limit the 49 ers qb though and that is a tall order but not impossible.either way i think it will be a heck of a game.

aspeck

Staff member

Really? Taping other teams practices is worse than being involved in a double murder? Wow, just wow. :(

We are talking about a game here, not about the individuals themselves. I have never met either one of them, so I do not know where they stand personally, if they have really asked for forgiveness, or where they stand on different issues. This is not about them personally, but about how they address the GAME. After all, we are not talking life, we are talking a game.

Do I condone murder? No! Was it proven that Ray Lewis was involved? Not in a court of law, although there was the civil litigation. Not saying it is right because he was not found guilty, but I don't have any actual knowledge. I am talking about the GAME.

Belicheck cheated! He got caught cheating. Lewis did not get caught cheating. (And by the way, I think I made it clear that I am not a fan of Ray Lewis). I dislike the Patriots more than the Ravens. Although I am a Steeler fan, I appreciate that because the Raven's style is so similar to the Steeler's style, they make the Steelers a better team year after year (well, maybe not this year, but that is a different story).

Anyway, my comment had nothing to do with criminality and whether I approve or disapprove of it. But it had everything to do with the Game. Cheaters are not favored in my sports book. (And, BTW, murderers are not favored in my life book, which is more important than my sports book.)

Thalasso

Commander

Go Ratbirds. At least they are in our Div.(Steelers)

angus63

Captain

My sports book sits on top of my wedding album...

angus63

Captain

Rootin for Niners. Rootin against Ravens. Hopin Niners take it all.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Amen, aspeck.

The latest line is SF 4 over ATL and NE 9 over BAL.

I think that's about right. Of course we'll all know Sunday night.

TilliamWe

Banned

Sorry speck, real life is more important than sports. For that reason I can not ever wish any team involved with Ray Lewis success.
And before they were the Ravens, they were the Browns. So I couldn't like them before. And I can't wish them well now. We're going to have to disagree on this one I guess. But I am not sure why, morally. :(

Go Patriots and "whoever" from the NFC!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I was 2-2 last week.

My picks:

Niners over Atl
Pats overr Ravens

I do like Kaepernick ever since that Nevada Cal and the Nevada Boise St games. Tremendous performances in both.

And I agree, can't root for a Ray Lewis team even if I do like their coach.

aspeck

Staff member

Sorry speck ... We're going to have to disagree on this one I guess. But I am not sure why, morally. :(

Don't know, maybe it has something with forgiveness????:confused:

TilliamWe

Banned

Don't know, maybe it has something with forgiveness????:confused:

That's between him and his God. He's never asked (or deserved) forgiveness from those involved. (or me.)

aspeck

Staff member

That's between him and his God. He's never asked (or deserved) forgiveness from those involved. (or me.)

I told myself I was going to leave this alone and let you have the last word, but if I am not mistaken, using your own criteria, how can you root for your favorite team? Didn't their QB run into some legal troubles?

bassman284

Commander

Above all, we gotta hope one of the Harbaughs loses tomorrow or the next 2 weeks will be unbearable

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Ravens and Falcons for me !!!!! Time will tell :joyous: