AQ270 Mechanical Lift Just "clicks" When Swith Is Pushed To Lower Or Raise The Drive

nic420

Petty Officer 2nd Class
AQ270 Mechanical Lift Just "clicks" When Swith Is Pushed To Lower Or Raise The Drive

When I push the swith to lower or raise the drive it just makes a clicking noise. It did this before and I was able to wiggle the box where the relay switches are located to make it work. Could it be a grounding problem? How do I troubleshoot?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: AQ270 Mechanical Lift Just "clicks" When Swith Is Pushed To Lower Or Raise The Dr

Re: AQ270 Mechanical Lift Just "clicks" When Swith Is Pushed To Lower Or Raise The Dr

Have you looked in the box to see if there are any loose or corroded terminals? If wiggling helped, that's what I would be looking for.

nic420

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I tried replacing the relay switch and it still just "clicks" when trying to engage up or down. I going to try checking all the wire connections.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

relay or switch???? There are two relays and one switch. What did you replace. If the switch, all it controls is the light, not up and down. It also takes both relays working to go up or down.
Couldn't even describe what it takes to troubleshoot the electrical system. If the motor works with hot wired, then replace BOTH relays and see if it works.

Here is the wiring diagram if you know how to read it and troubleshoot with a meter. I did colorize it to make it easier to read.

View attachment 270 34.pdf

STAG03

Recruit

Have you looked in the box to see if there are any loose or corroded terminals? If wiggling helped, that's what I would be looking for.
Did you find the problem? I too just had the same problem with my outdrive, this is after I rebuilt both Rams and Replaced the hydraulic lines, now this? My relays were corroded and after cleaning still no luck. When activating the trim switch I do hear the silinoids clicking, I suspect the ground is corroded, I will ivestigate and let you know soonest.

STAG 03