2nd project just purchaed

hello all, Just purchased a 1974 Glasstron 212 with a 302 in it that purs like a bigblock right off a NASCAR. oh yea. . its a 74 so there aint much left of it. . I have some wicked ideas for this boat and will keep posted the progress. . pics up as soon as i start. This is my second project. . . my fist is my current boat, 1992 Sierra 195. bought it last spring and completly rebuilt this boat in about 2 months other than the 4.3L that was in good shape. Did all the work myself and found it to be surprisingly easy. . To anyone out there who is thinkin about rebuilding, I say GO FOR IT. . .its a piece of cake. This boat went from mediocre to something that you can hardly tell is from the early 90's. Good luck out there all you custom junkies

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: 2nd project just purchaed

Go for it. Looking forward to seeing the b-b-b pics.<br /><br />I got one goin-on too, and have only gotten as far as the bolsters so far.<br />But she is gonna be pretty.

JasonB

Lieutenant
Re: 2nd project just purchaed

I like the 200 series mid 70's Glastrons. I was looking for a 212 Gulf cruiser or something similar, but found a sweet 1976 V-195 Sea Rider that had spent 18 of the last 25 years in a dry storage rack It also has a 302 (not quite stock Mercruiser anymore). The boat is a blast on my somewhat small local lake. Being that it is a near shore type design, it sure is unique this far inland (Tennessee). It still ahsn'y gotten as much attention at the local docks as our other Glastron, a 1976 T-166. Over the last 3 years, we have gotten many compliments on it since we restored the interior. She is in the back yard awaiting her new stringers to dry and transom to be cut. Gotta love the sound of a healthy Small Block Ford or Johnson V4 pushing a Glastron across the water :)