Unknown Motor

ephilli1

Recruit
My uncle recently had given me an outboard and I was intrigued because I have never seen one like it. I have been unable to find any information on it. It looks as if its from the 60's or 70's and it has a bar and chain set up to hook to the chainsaw motor. All i had to do was find a chainsaw small enough that would fit the bar (attached to the outboard) and put the chain on it and it runs like a top. Like I had mentioned I have talked to a lot of people about this and no one has ever seen anything like it before. The tag has been worn of a bit what I could get off it I believe it said aquasport ____ valley, CA serial number 0032 So if anyone has any information on it it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Unknown Motor

Welcome aboard. A picture is worth a thousand words. Having trouble visualizing your motor, or is it a chainsaw? :confused:

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Wow; that does sound interesting....and it's nowhere near April 1st yet....

There have been a lot of lawnmower engines adapted to an outboard leg.....some done professionally and some done in someone's garage. Could be you have a garage project?

Chain-Saw Outboard.....wow !

Like GA-Boater said.....can we please have a picture?

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Serial #32 huh? Gotta wonder if there ever was a 33rd one made. Waiting for that picture.

M

mrcrabs

Years ago Minnesotans and Canadian icefisherman, were big on the ice auger outboard, way up der in da norderlands and boundry waters border country, I have Norwegian kin up der ya know eh?... uff da!! ...I'm sure something Tecumseh was used. One motor does it all survival tool...its a great idea now if we could only add a log splitter and distillery attachment :watermelon: I have been working on a fishing hook to catch them giant skeeters everysince I made my pilgrimage to the boundry waters one summer with my crazy cousin, after the bears got my Lutefisk I got the idea I could catch skeeters and eat them, got to tast as good or better than the the lutefisk :faint2:...some as big as a brook trout....I personally saw two musketeer's carry off a skinny Canadian guy, yanked him right out of his canoe never to be seen again.