1990 Force 150hp Is It Worth It or Not

Hi Guys, Have a Question on a 1990 Force 150hp that is on a Quantum 19.8Ft fish and ski Boat (150hp Max.), the net weight is 1650lbs I never put the boat in water got it to replace floors the motor was running perfect starting, idling, pumping water Good (new impeller), To get it there even had the service shop to tuned/time it correctly, Now no starter (Stolen) being replace, Now needs lower unit (Can get replacement), Ok I`ve now have a 1999 Charger 375T Fish and Ski 19.3Ft (200hp Max.) that weights in 1550lbs, The boat had a 1999 200hp Yamaha that push the boat 68 on Speedo, If I put that force 150hp (Under power) this boat will it be worth it to do, I know it want do 68mph but if I get at lease 40mph, I don`t want to Re-drill the holes for Force 150hp, Than when I get the motor I want at the end of this year (1999 Yamaha 200hp), Than go back with the Yam, So I thought about a Manual Jack Plate put in on now with the force 150hp (No Re-drilling holes), Then when I get the Yam, Then Put it on the Jack Plate, At least I will have 1 boat water ready and other boat out of the yard gone (Wife Happy), Will it be worth it or too much to do to get on the water and work out some bugs (Problems) That comes alone the words B.O.A.T. Any Thoughts, Question Working with a Budget.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1990 Force 150hp Is It Worth It or Not

The 150 Force was rated the best power to weight ratio when it was produced.
50 hp is a lot to overcome.
With the proper prop you should do over 40 easily.

The carbed anything,will use a lot more gas than any fuel injected motor.
So the Yam is it fuel injected? If so then maybe use the Force till you get the other.
Then re-sell the Force.
Whats the lengt of the shaft on the Force? Gotta make sure it's the short shaft.20 or 25 inch.