Anyone know anything about these or this brand? Duratech?

screwloose

Seaman Apprentice
I looked at this boat over the weekend, I've been looking at something that can take some abuse in the river here and this thing appears built like a tank. I've got a 75hp motor to run on it.

17' Duratech Sportboat open hull aluminum boat

I've looked at various newer aluminum boats but nothing is nearly as heavy built as this thing. I gave up on fiberglass, too much hull damage from river debris and rocks.
I've just never heard of this brand, its no doubt old, but for my purposes that may be the only way to go.

I was about to pull the trigger on having a boat trucked in from out west when I found this, its a lot cheaper, the shipping alone on a boat from out west is nearly as much as what this guy wants for this hull.

Lone Duck

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Anyone know anything about these or this brand? Duratech?

I looked at this boat over the weekend, I've been looking at something that can take some abuse in the river here and this thing appears built like a tank. I've got a 75hp motor to run on it.

17' Duratech Sportboat open hull aluminum boat

I've looked at various newer aluminum boats but nothing is nearly as heavy built as this thing. I gave up on fiberglass, too much hull damage from river debris and rocks.
I've just never heard of this brand, its no doubt old, but for my purposes that may be the only way to go.

I was about to pull the trigger on having a boat trucked in from out west when I found this, its a lot cheaper, the shipping alone on a boat from out west is nearly as much as what this guy wants for this hull.
Sounds like you need a flat bottom hull ,aluminum sticks to rocks, so I would have a teflon sheet attached to the hull.