Old motor parts

gato61

Recruit
Hello there.just gat my fist boat,1971 terry bass mercury 500 50 hp thunderbolt,it ran ok when I stater up at higth idle but die a low idle,trace the problem to the ingnitoin driver, red and blue coil wire dry rot bad can not fix wire .when taking apart the components I crack the cap broke coil wire (did not know the supose to screw in) and busted the rotor cap,can any body tell me where I can find replacement part ,been looking all over the web.

M

Maxz695

Re: Old motor parts

How many cylinders does the engine have? What is the serial number?

M

Maxz695

This distributor may or may not be functional as stated in the add buy the seller. He also states "•I think these were used from 1970-75 on 500 50hp Mercury Outboards" You need to check to see if it may be what your looking for to fix or replace yours. I cannot assume it is right or even any good talk to the seller to find out more information. It is for a 4 cylinder engine. Mercury Outboard 500 50HP Distributor 4CYL Inline Cylinder Cap Rotor 333 3142A | eBay This one is used but complete http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercury-dis..._Accessories_Gear&hash=item3378907ad1&vxp=mtr

gato61

Recruit

This distributor may or may not be functional as stated in the add buy the seller. He also states "?I think these were used from 1970-75 on 500 50hp Mercury Outboards" You need to check to see if it may be what your looking for to fix or replace yours. I cannot assume it is right or even any good talk to the seller to find out more information. It is for a 4 cylinder engine. Mercury Outboard 500 50HP Distributor 4CYL Inline Cylinder Cap Rotor 333 3142A | eBay This one is used but complete Mercury Distributor Housing Assy 1971 1975 50 HP 4 Cyl 8730 | eBay

Thank you for replaying,I check this part ,may order it,was wondering is the still new replacement parts out there for this ignition type

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander

4 cylinder .3235558
This should be a early Merc 500 50hp made in 1972. Like Max states be sure the parts you buy are for your motor as it gets rather costly otherwise. A complete distrubertor would be best if one can be found. JMO
Oldman570