Finally! Putting together this amazing boat

Cubbyblue22

Petty Officer 1st Class
So it's been awhile since i've been around and I'm finally back! After getting married this summer and buying a house i've been putting off this pontoon for WAY TOO LONG!!! SO finally I've got the boat in the shop and i've got the boards cut perfect to slide right in and be screwed down. Carpet's about ready to go on and get glued down. Here's the next step where I need some help. Once the carpets down I have my rails to put in. My question is when you re-build a new boat with new rails how do you justify the weight limit and motor rating ?? I know my ratings from my old rails but the sticker was barely visible and ready to be torn off. Now i'm wondering if we ever get stopped on the water what proof I can show that my motor is in the limit and I'm not exceeding the per person limit. I've heard people say you can call down to the DNR and they can help you. Any thoughts??? Ahhh...feels good to be back. :)

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Finally! Putting together this amazing boat

When I did mine last year, I made new ones made from the existing information.

Cubbyblue22

Petty Officer 1st Class

When I did mine last year, I made new ones made from the existing information.

How do you remake one ? I'm sure if I was ever stopped it wouldn't look professional if I have a homemade one and how do I have any proof for my insurance company?

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

not sure why but had double post

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Well I looked around on the web and picked out one just like my existing one and I have a fair amount of graphic programs use and used a color matching feature called cloning that makes a exact color match of any existing color, then blanked out the text then saved it as a template. Then typed in my existing information and in the same text font on it from my old sticker and e mailed it a company that makes vinyl stickers with instructions on the size. In my case it is like this one. The image was saved in a special format called a TGA. I use that format because it allows layering of colors to blend in colors.

As far as your insurance company goes, it is the exact same information as when it was made. Your not faking it, your just refreshing the existing information.

However if your existing one is not readable then you should contact the coast guard and work with them to have a new one issued. Their a lot of factors that stand behind the ratings and only some one qualified and licensed to issue one should issue one.

And their is also a question about need for that type of sticker based on boat length. If I remember correctly its 20 feet and over its not needed by law. I am very sure some one else will step in and clarify that.

The Rooster

Ensign

Welcome back and congratulations, "Cubby". Please don't forget to shoot us some pics along the way. Be sure to check out James and Debs graphics of "Bad Dog" on their barge. As I recall, it looks awesome. Good luck !!!

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Still working on it Rooster, I had planned on finishing up the new fence this winter but to may things have came up so maybe next year.

Cubbyblue22

Petty Officer 1st Class

Awesome ill take a look online and see what I can find.