B & b

eastont

Chief Petty Officer
There are thousands of B & B's around, but they are all bed and breakfast........

Has anybody ever heard of a boat & breakfast?

I was driving by a couple of B & B's today and I thought....why not Boat & Breakfast?

Any thoughts?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Re: B & b

There are many places where I live that actually have a place you can pull in at night, stay get up in the morning, have breakfast and then be on your way in your boat, this is along the Flathead Lake here in NW Montana, so the Boat and Breakfast Idea is alive and well here in Montana.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

That isn't exactly what I was thinking of MT. I was thinking of having a boat either on an island dock or anchored and take people out to it by dingy and let them enjoy a day and night on a boat.

sasto

Captain

I had one in the Dominican Republic. I named the boat "Boatel". She was a 29' Phoenix. I got the idea from a local guy who owned a marina and rented his out. His stayed at the dock.

Good idea....but I didn't really make any money. It did pay for my boating pleasure.

southkogs

Staff member

That isn't exactly what I was thinking of MT. I was thinking of having a boat either on an island dock or anchored and take people out to it by dingy and let them enjoy a day and night on a boat.
Interesting idea ... as opposed to a cruise. You could get away with is with barges too, if you could put them in an interesting area that people could swim and relax from. Limited market, but if you could make it exclusive enough it could go somewhere.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Well we have that to, it is called the Flathead Cruises, We also had that when I was stationed in Hawaii, I did the trip with my wife many times, this is not a new idea, I also know of places in the Caribbean that do it as well as in the Greek Islands. Heck you can even do it in fur, in Alaska..

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class

On the Queen Charlotte island of the coast of BC they have something. They are large boats used for fishing charters. The yachts stay anchored and the guests stay in them. Kind of like a floating motel. Dring the day smaller boats are used for the guests to go out fishing for salmon or halibut. They are expensive, about $1200 per person for a 4 day stay. The first day is guided, after that the guest have the option of using a guide or go by themselves.