1987 amerosport 284 chasis layout

Hoosier Bob

Recruit
Hello Everyone, I just signed on to the I-Boats forum and am new to this website . I have been reading alot of the really informative threads relative to a 1987 Chris Craft Amerosport 284. I just recently purchased one of these boats and am trying to learn as much as i can about it in a short period of time. I bought my boat a couple of months ago while on vacation in Florida ( Cocoa area ) and then had to return to Indiana for a short time. I'm heading back to Fla. the end of Jan. and plan to spend as much time on her as i can and learn as much as i can as quickly as possible. After reading some of the many threads concerning this boat i am confident that with some of your support i can get this boat underway. One question i have is the same as as a few i have read but did not see an answer anywhere. In an access panel in the floor by the galley, there is a plugged sea **** and i was trying to figure out what it is and what it is for . If anyone can answer this it would be greatly appreciated and i am looking forward to talking with all of you. Thanks , Hoosier Bob

NYBo

Admiral
Re: 1987 amerosport 284 chasis layout

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

Chances are that seacock was connected to something no longer operational or installed in the boat. It could have been for a MSD (toilet), air conditioner, or generator, for example.

Kayant

Recruit
Re: 1987 amerosport 284 chasis layout

:D I have the same boat as for winterizing you unplug it when the boat is out of the water and winterizing her he keeps the cabin Dry any water gets in the Cabin it can come right out instead of having to go threw the whole boat out the transom plug personally I never remove mine I keep my boat and a good angle so this way any water run right out the back providing the transom plug hole does not get clogged Great Boat looking for a swim platform for mine if you have any ideas or know anybody who has one please write me