Thinking about buying Harbor Freight Tool Cabinet

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Re: Thinking about buying Harbor Freight Tool Cabinet

Bruce,

I have snap on and mac boxes, but my father uses these and after looking at them, I would say they are on par with craftsman, home depot and lowes boxes. If I needed a new box, I would probably purchase one.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Have you looked at the Home Depot boxes lately? I looked at some last night and they were pretty bad. Maybe they have different versions.

bigdee

Commander

I don't have one but I have looked at them and for the money they are nice. I think the 79 customer reviews say everything you need to know.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Have you looked at the Home Depot boxes lately? I looked at some last night and they were pretty bad. Maybe they have different versions.

I have not Bruce, our store here carries a professional series of boxes as does Lowes, that are suppose to be made by the same manufacture as Harbor Freight and Craftsman. I am not in the market right now, so I have not looked at anyone's boxes very close lately.

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant

I've had a similar HF setup for about 10 years. No issues. Great for the price. It's not Snap-on or similar high end - but I'm just a DIY guy who needs storage capacity.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I think it is a no brainer. You buy the box, it virtually sits in one spot all it's life 'cause you're not having to roll it around to make your living out of it. How bad could it be and the price is certainly right.

mscher

Lieutenant

I would.

I have their black tool cart, which is pretty heavy metal with very good drawer slides.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

I have run out of room with my Craftsman rollaway tool box. Thinking about getting these:

Will be on sale for $359 this weekend
Roller Cabinet - 44" Red Rolling Tool Cabinet w/ 13 Drawers

Top Chest - Save on this Red Roller Cabinet Top Chest

Anyone using these and what do you think of the quality?

I've had the 44" roller cabinet for about 10 years- it's fine. Drawers glide smoothly and the finish is fine. No complaints.

RogersJetboat454

Commander

My mothers boyfriend is an auto body guy, and bought the whole shooting match a few years ago (bottom, top, side cabinets). He has been very pleased with it. I checked it out when he bought it, and the quality seems very good.

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

Does it have ball bearing drawer slides??? Wouldn't buy it if it doesn't.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral

I bought master force from menards,like it a lot! Also the side cabinet and locker.
Grub

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Does it have ball bearing drawer slides??? Wouldn't buy it if it doesn't.

I don't always agree, I have a couple of smaller craftsman boxes that have slides instead of ball bearings and they have worked out just find for many years.

On the other hand, I have a snapon bottom box that has ball bearing glides and it is nearly impossible to get it apart to fix it, they will warranty the slides, but you can't take the darn thing apart!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Bought it.

Ball bearing drawers. Better quality than my Craftsman.

toolbox.jpeg

oldjeep

Admiral

I have not Bruce, our store here carries a professional series of boxes as does Lowes, that are suppose to be made by the same manufacture as Harbor Freight and Craftsman. I am not in the market right now, so I have not looked at anyone's boxes very close lately.

The good craftsman ones are made by Waterloo - is that who is making the HD ones now? In the past the ones at Home Depot were more on par with the cheapest craftsman stuff.