Nhl hockey!!!!!!!!

angus63

Captain
Re: Nhl hockey!!!!!!!!

Still a few kinks to work out, but looks good. Break out the asterisks for 2013 season!!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Let's get ready to Rumble !!!!!!!
48 games is better than zero.
My Maple Leafs have been tied for first place overall till now. Let's see how long that lasts :lol::D

TilliamWe

Banned

Now I know why my Penguins "Powerdecal" was lit up for no reason on my car last night, as it sat in the driveway at 11pm! (Actually it was windy, and the movement caused it to come on.)

Let's Go Pens, Let's Go Pens!

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Will it still be the 2012-2013 season or will it be the 2013 season?

Bigprairie1

Commander

....somehow I think that if there is a way to screw this agreement up.....Gary Bettman will find a way, but he might put it off for 1-1/2 years before the next problem.:lol:
That guy should go back to basketball....or accounting....or whatever marginal occupation he came from and leave hockey to be run by better, more invested people.:rolleyes:
My two bits.
BP:)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

....somehow I think that if there is a way to screw this agreement up.....Gary Bettman will find a way, but he might put it off for 1-1/2 years before the next problem.:lol:
That guy should go back to basketball....or accounting....or whatever marginal occupation he came from and leave hockey to be run by better, more invested people.:rolleyes:
My two bits.

I take it you are not a fan of his then !!! :lol:

aspeck

Staff member

BP and Bettman ... has a ring (or rink) to it, doesn't it? LOL!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Champion Los Angeles Kings can now raise their championship banner!!!!

Oh yeah...I don't care about hockey...never mind!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

It is about time....

Getting tired of this though very very tired

One thing I am not tired of is all the Stars and Stripes on iboats lately!!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

It is about time....

Getting tired of this though very very tired

One thing I am not tired of is all the Stars and Stripes on iboats lately!!

Well it was our turn last year. We have no problem returning the favor. :D

Bigprairie1

Commander

I take it you are not a fan of his then !!! :lol:

I'm not a fan of his. He has done a lot to drive the prestigious game of hockey down. His preoccupation with trying to get the game into the sunbelt states for hope of some type of southern college football profit/angle has been a sad effort...just ask the southern iboaters as to how interested they are in hockey....they aren't.
Correspondingly any 'possible' team in Canada has had to fight tooth and nail to keep their team and several cities that truly can front (and deserve) a pro team couldn't get one...ie: Quebec and Hamilton.
Interestingly it was Gary Bettman who pulled a couple of fast back deals to pull the Nordiques and get the sold to Colorado.....a true disappointment.
If you are a fan of his Ken....knock yourself out man.:rolleyes:
BP:):cool:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

You ask how many people in Southern California are interested in hockey and you will get a lot smaller percentage than what you may have in Canada. Bottom line though, even a small percentage of a huge fan base will fill the stadiums. The LA Kings sell out every single game.

Bigprairie1

Commander

You ask how many people in Southern California are interested in hockey and you will get a lot smaller percentage than what you may have in Canada. Bottom line though, even a small percentage of a huge fan base will fill the stadiums. The LA Kings sell out every single game.

You bring up a good point Bruce...one that Bettman was/is banking on w.r.t to percentages vs. stadiums.:rolleyes:
The Kings are a bit of an anomaly in the 'southern' league teams...a good anomaly. they have been around for what....almost 40 years? I remember them from the Marcel Dionne (& Robitaille) days a way back..then of course the Gretzky years.
Here is one: Do you remember the California Golden Seals? (I can't remember where they played out of?)...and I still remember those coloured skates they had to match the uniforms...never did get those.:lol:
They are a good example of a successful southern team and I couldn't imagine them dying out. They've always been pretty competitive to the best of my memory.
The teams that immediately come to mind for me are Caroline, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Florida (Panthers), Columbus and the like. I'm not sure what the attendance numbers are for these teams...but I would guess they aren't the best hockey market the world has known;)
I'm definitely showing some Canadian self-interest here....but I am being honest about the hockey markets.
All Good

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I'm not a fan of his. He has done a lot to drive the prestigious game of hockey down. His preoccupation with trying to get the game into the sunbelt states for hope of some type of southern college football profit/angle has been a sad effort...just ask the southern iboaters as to how interested they are in hockey....they aren't.
Correspondingly any 'possible' team in Canada has had to fight tooth and nail to keep their team and several cities that truly can front (and deserve) a pro team couldn't get one...ie: Quebec and Hamilton.
Interestingly it was Gary Bettman who pulled a couple of fast back deals to pull the Nordiques and get the sold to Colorado.....a true disappointment.
If you are a fan of his Ken....knock yourself out man.:rolleyes:
BP:):cool:

Oh I am certainly not a fan of his. For many of the reasons you state. I think the majority of people have the same feelings as well judging by the reception he gets when appearing at any NHL event. Need someone in place that actually cares about the game and the people as well as making a quick buck !!!

aspeck

Staff member

Hey BP, I think your comments reflect the feelings of most hockey fans ...

nwcove

Admiral

C'mon guys, Bettman has fought for many years to get a pro hickey team in Toronto, i know it hasnt worked, but at least he tried!!!! ;)

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I understand that the commish is not popular, but I am sure happy Colorado got a team....

Anyone care to hypothesis what the NHL would look like had he not come to the league?