Steering link.

Fishbusters

Ensign
I guess my question would fall here for an answer as my boat is my project. Many of you know I blew a motor on my pontoon and had decided to convert a tiller motor to steering. My motor is a Tohatsu md40 and is not a bad motor although I need to do some carb work (let her sit up :mad: ). Anyway I have all the parts I need to connect the cables that i have on order to the motor and since I am mounting a new control box I am ready to run (got to remout mount a starter switch but that is not that big of a deal). But big dumb me forgot to take the steering link off the Johnson before I let my uncle cart it off. I have looked at it and I don't think that is a big deal because it most likely would not have fit anyway. What I need to know/do is connect the motor up to the existing steering system. I am thinking about manufacturing something to do the job as we have a shop class at school but would prefer to get a replacement or used part w/o going to the dealer and having to hack off an arm to pay for it. I am open to any and all suggestions as to what to do and how to do it as well as any websites and such that may have what I need. I did find a Johnson replacement here but nothing for Tohatsu. Thanks in advance and I bet I will have a few more problems/questions later as this project is not beyond the motor is mounted and waiting on parts stage.