Trophy 1910, 85hp Johnson Stinger

rhbowler

Cadet
Hi, this is my first post on the forum, so please bare with me.
I just bought a 1986 Trophy 1910 CC. It has a 125 Force on it, of course. The Force has some issues, like the trim and tilt are inop,makes a ticking noise at rpm etc, plus it just isn't a motor I like. I also have a little MonArk 16ft bass boat with a 85hp Johnson Stinger motor on it. I just had the carbs redone, a new stator, and power pak, new water pump, lower unit serviced and all in the last 4 months on the 85. The Stinger pushes the little bass boat at 55mph, i'm thinking about putting the 85 on the Trophy, thinkin it should push it somewhere in the realm of 32 to 35 mph. Any thoughts on this anyone, or anyone have a 1910 with an 85 or 90 horse on it? Thanks for any input.

Russ

Monterey10

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trophy 1910, 85hp Johnson Stinger

It should be Okay. You may need to change the pitch on the prop. See if you can get to the red line at WOT. If you can't, take approx 1" less pitch for each 200 RPM you want to gain. So, if the engine is running low at WOT 400 rpm, you would get a prop with 2" less pitch. There is a point where you get a 1" smaller diameter prop.