13' tunnel hull at 80mph plus

Mr. Demeanor

iboats.com Partner
Thought some of you might like this. I was headed to meet up with some friends and thought to grab the GoPro before I left the house.
This is my 13' Biel tunnel hull with a stock Yamaha 130. Prop is a 30 pitch cleaver at about 6400rpm. The boat has been over 83mph and I think it has an 85mph in it with some cold winter air and perfect conditions.
I know its not for everyone.....I describe it as driving a really fast go-cart on the water. Its actually a very stable boat and drives like its much bigger.
As far as I know, its the fastest stock 4 cylinder pleasure boat in the country (non raceboat)

81 3mph ride - YouTube

Attachments

• P1010085 (Medium).JPG
    P1010085 (Medium).JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7675 (Small).jpg
    IMG_7675 (Small).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0

emilsr

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 13' tunnel hull at 80mph plus

That looks like fun! She looks rock solid at speed, but wear your Lifeline anyway. :happy:

Mr. Demeanor

iboats.com Partner

That looks like fun! She looks rock solid at speed, but wear your Lifeline anyway. :happy:

I had a Mustang 100mph jacket on. I almost always wear it in that boat.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Pretty sure you are WAY over the HP and weight rating for that boat! (which is 75 hp max...) So I wouldn't exactly call it a stock boat, as no manufacturer or dealer could legally sell it like that. If it did come from a dealer or mfg prepped that way, there was a disclaimer of 'for race use only' to bypass the USCG limits.

Looks like a fun little boat though! I could see one of those ending up in the driveway one day!

Biel Tunnel Boats - 13' Promise

Mr. Demeanor

iboats.com Partner

Pretty sure you are WAY over the HP and weight rating for that boat! (which is 75 hp max...) So I wouldn't exactly call it a stock boat, as no manufacturer or dealer could legally sell it like that. If it did come from a dealer or mfg prepped that way, there was a disclaimer of 'for race use only' to bypass the USCG limits.

Looks like a fun little boat though! I could see one of those ending up in the driveway one day!

Biel Tunnel Boats - 13' Promise

I said the motor was stock, not the boat.
The boat was purchased unrigged.

Bondo

Staff member

I said the motor was stock, not the boat.
The boat was purchased unrigged.

Ayuh,.... Waaay Cool boat,.... Much safer, 'n more stable than the Fun Ship I threw together 'bout 30 or so years ago...
'ell of alot Faster too...

f3551-2.jpg

A rotten ole '61 Glastron Jet-Flite, 14', rated for a 60hp... Given to me for haulin' it off...

In that pic, it had an 80hp Merc, 'n a tiny pitched prop,...
I hadta pump the throttle a couple times to get it to Jump outa the water....

The followin' year, I picked up a Merc. 135hp, Tower of Power for it,....
It would Jump outa the water, with just slammin' the throttle Once,...
Matter of fact,.. before I put power trim on it, 'n with the pin set for cruising,
It would Jump outa the water, 3 times, before it settled on plane...

It was alot Fun on the small lake, but you were only a heartbeat away from dead in the low/ mid 50s...
A Real handful to keep up-right...

I still got the hull in the backyard,... I might try it again someday.......:laugh: