Who manufactured (90hp) 99 Tracker OB by Mercury Marine / Force Power series

shurt

Seaman Apprentice
Trying to find parts for my 1999 Tracker outboard. Ive looked on Force sites and many of the parts are listed as obsolete...Do Merc. parts interchange with these....any thoughts would be appreciated. Outboard plate states "99 model year"...

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: Who manufactured (90hp) 99 Tracker OB by Mercury Marine / Force Power series

What is the s/n of the engine?

Gerry

shurt

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Who manufactured (90hp) 99 Tracker OB by Mercury Marine / Force Power series

OE 355074 .......99 90 ELPT Merc. Marine.. Brunswick Ct, Wisc. Went on ********** to order the seal for fuel connector and remote cables (Bottom cowl assembly) Part number 823549........I was saddened to see how many parts were labeled OBSOLETE....I cant even find my serial # or yr on IBOATS Force parts list(1999 / 90 hp) . Its only 13 yrs old...Luckily its been a good engine for the three yrs i've owned it.

Last edited:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Mercury manufactured them under the Force brand name. 99 was also the last year Force outboards were sold.
Lots of parts both Force and Mercury are NLA (No longer available). Kind of how a lot of parts went NLA with the economy downturn.
You need to look at some of the used parts places to find cowlings, you would be really lucky to find one new. If you did, it would because the still had it in stock for many years.
Have a look at this thread for used parts. http://forums.iboats.com/johnson-evinrude-outboards/salvage-yards-wilde1-438822.html
Might also keep an eye on ebay.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Mercury did make the tracker engines using Force basic engine blocks and Mercury components for other portions. You can still find parts for them but sometimes you need to be a bit creative. If you have a trusted friend or mechanic that has worked both brands, pick his brains for cross-over parts.

For example: The Mercury 40-60 three cylinder engines use the exact same power tilt/trim as the Force 70. --OK--not quite exact! The only difference is that the upper and lower pins for the Force cylinder are a bit larger diameter than the Merc part. (I am in process of retro-fitting a Merc 40 with a T/T cylinder from a Force 70.) Another example: Your engine uses Mercury ignition. The stator for some Force engines is the same as Mercury part. The only difference is the mounting position and this is actually marked on the stator itself. (this arrow forward for Force 3 cylinder engines)

Of course, controls are all Mercury and lower units, while slightly different, use the same props, gears, and water pumps as Mercury engines. However, with props you need to know the diameter of the gearcase as Merc made a large and a small one. Also, the lowers are different for model--the Force 70 lower is the same as the Merc 40-50 lower.

So: If you look around a bit and do some investigating, you may be able to find almost anything you need--perhaps not new, but functional.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

He's looking for item 16 in the picture below. That is not going to be a Merc part. It was used on lots of force 90/120 motors for several year.

Untitled3.jpg

shurt

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you for your time, greatly appreciated !! This site continues to be so helpful ..

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Don: Just giving him a little extra info in case he needs other parts at a later date.

shurt

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you sir, That was the only possibility I had come to after researching issue myself. Your confirmation is greatly appreciated.

droach77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Try eBay or almarsmarine in Delaware or also shorts marine in Delaware even try Craigslist forma parts motor somewhere.

Dave

Last edited:

redstrat

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have most of a 1991 120. Send me a PM, maybe I have what you need.