Ns 9.9 b2 leaking oil out of foot

Riverside85

Recruit
After I changed my impeller and assembled my motor I noticed gear oil leaking out where the foot connects to the driveshaft housing. It looked like I have an old wore old seal/gasket when I took off the foot. However I can't find a seal or gasket for this location for sale anywhere. I can't even find it in the parts catalog for this motor. In the catalog they have the upper drive shaft gasket listed but not the lower one...Any help on locating this gasket would be much appreciated.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Ns 9.9 b2 leaking oil out of foot

Welcome to the forums,

There's no gasket between lower and middle leg, Probably combustion left over exiting through exhaust chamber located inside drive shaft housing. Tight well all lower leg nuts. If gear oil is leaking through drive shaft seal located under water pump or through middle prop, time to buy a lower leg kit.

Happy Boating

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Ns 9.9 b2 leaking oil out of foot

Correct. There isn't any gasket between the LU and the exhaust housing. This goo is usually left-over unburned fuel/oil mix. If it's black and stinky, that's normal residue. It typically is seen in the thru-hub passages of the prop. OTOH, if it smells of gear oil (or is nearly clear), you may have a bad o-ring or seal. In that case, as Luis noted, install a new LU seal kit, available from any dealer, including me. If you have original LU seals in a B2, they are probably due for replacement, if only from age and drying out.