NFL - Week 16

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Vikes beat Houston. Great defense, Walsh is phenomenal. Set an NFL record, most 50+ yd field goals in a season, 9. He's gone 9/9 so far. Ponder had a so so day, converted key 3rd downs however, and so did AP(per AP's standards). Can't figure this team out.....

MIN_logo-80x90-1.gif

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer
Re: NFL - Week 16

See Ya Next Year, "Go Steelers!".........We're Gone!.......Muhahahahahahaaaaa!

QC

Supreme Mariner

How in the heck did the Refs overturn the Baltimore touchdown? This stupidity about no 2nd act. I saw at least three acts. Jacoby Jones caught it, turned towards the goal line, AND stretched out. Plus the defender poked at the ball and it didn't budge. It was a honkin' TD before the ball touched the ground, PLUS the ground can't cause the fumble. Unbelievable!! Grrrrr. And I don't even care, but it's flippin' ludicrous.

NYBo

Admiral

For the second week in a row, the Giants forgot to show up.:facepalm:

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Can't really say the Bears' win was terribly impressive. Now it's a numbers game whether they go to post season. Unless the gods go cross eyed, Green Bay cleans Minnesota's clock and the Bears need to win Detroit. If Minnesota wins, the Bears have a shot.

generator12

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Can't really say the Bears' win was terribly impressive. Now it's a numbers game whether they go to post season. Unless the gods go cross eyed, Green Bay cleans Minnesota's clock and the Bears need to win Detroit. If Minnesota wins, the Bears have a shot.

I'm a Packers fan who used to be (25 years ago) a Bears fan. I've watched the progress/regress of the Bears for years, even after I moved to Milwaukee.

The Chi-town radio-talk guys roast Cutler every single day of the season, and now they're after Lovie. New GM may give them a chance, but the Cutler stuff bothers me. The guy is expected to carry that offense - and offensive it is!

Saturday night, Matt Ryan (Atlanta) threw to ten different receivers - TEN! - in the first half alone, and Stafford (Detroit) had thrown to at least six different guys by the third quarter. I don't think Chicago has six guys who could catch the ball if it were slow-tossed to them.

Cutler throws to Marshall mostly and Forte occasionally. Cutler's fault? H_ll no. He doesn't have anyone else to throw to! Everybody wants to dynamite the offensive line, but - while they're not that good - how can they hold off a D-line when Marshall is double-covered every play, and nobody else can catch the ball? Cutler runs for his life because of years of personnel decisions in the front office, and the fans and "analysts" all want to fry Cutler over it. It's ludicrous.

I've postulated how Aaron Rodgers would do in a Bears uniform with that group. I assure you, he wouldn't be considered "elite" if he played for Chicago. Brees, Manning, Brady, all would be wasted if they were in Chicago.

The new GM is the ONLY CHANCE for that group to learn to score points. He needs to draft some offense and insist that Lovie (if he's still there next season) put it to use.

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Agree to a point, when you have the most feared pun returner in the league an he consistently returns for negative yards and couldn't catch a pass if it was handed to him, what are you going to do?

sublauxation

Lieutenant

I'd be surprised if the Pack beat MN. I don't see any benefit for them. Rodgers is a better QB in warm weather and domes. They have no real running game if the weather goes downhill at home. I'm actually surprised they won this weekend as I think they would be better on the road throughout the playoffs, and without a bye week.

captmello

Captain

The Vikings are having a typical season, ups and downs, etc. they have some obvious issues, quarterback and wide receivers, but they have made up for it with the running game, defense, and special teams.

Yesterday, defense and some okay QB play gave them the win.

All they need to do is beat Green Bay next week and they're in the playoffs.:cool:

Texans were not on their game.

captmello

Captain

I'd be surprised if the Pack beat MN. I don't see any benefit for them. Rodgers is a better QB in warm weather and domes. They have no real running game if the weather goes downhill at home. I'm actually surprised they won this weekend as I think they would be better on the road throughout the playoffs, and without a bye week.

Are you suggesting they throw the game? I'm okay with that.

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well, if Minnesota does beat Green Bay and the Bears beat Detroit, could be an interesting finish to the regular season.

angus63

Captain

The bad NYG showed up again Sunday. Someone needs to tape notes to their lockers reminding them it is a sixteen game season. Last two weeks highlighted a few very weak spots on the roster that require a remedy soon. Had a good run but it is time to cull the herd. Not holding any hope of a convoluted playoff berth. Surprisingly several of my gifts are embossed with a NYG this season. I hope the receivers are not too disappointed like I am.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Football fans!!!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Are you suggesting they throw the game? I'm okay with that.

Me too. Aint gonna happen.......... I'm sure they want that bye......

I know there are a bunch of teams locked in the playoffs, but, has anyone locked home field throughout? I'm thinking, not........

bassman284

Commander

I'm a Packers fan who used to be (25 years ago) a Bears fan. I've watched the progress/regress of the Bears for years, even after I moved to Milwaukee.

The Chi-town radio-talk guys roast Cutler every single day of the season, and now they're after Lovie. New GM may give them a chance, but the Cutler stuff bothers me. The guy is expected to carry that offense - and offensive it is!

Saturday night, Matt Ryan (Atlanta) threw to ten different receivers - TEN! - in the first half alone, and Stafford (Detroit) had thrown to at least six different guys by the third quarter. I don't think Chicago has six guys who could catch the ball if it were slow-tossed to them.

Cutler throws to Marshall mostly and Forte occasionally. Cutler's fault? H_ll no. He doesn't have anyone else to throw to! Everybody wants to dynamite the offensive line, but - while they're not that good - how can they hold off a D-line when Marshall is double-covered every play, and nobody else can catch the ball? Cutler runs for his life because of years of personnel decisions in the front office, and the fans and "analysts" all want to fry Cutler over it. It's ludicrous.

I've postulated how Aaron Rodgers would do in a Bears uniform with that group. I assure you, he wouldn't be considered "elite" if he played for Chicago. Brees, Manning, Brady, all would be wasted if they were in Chicago.

The new GM is the ONLY CHANCE for that group to learn to score points. He needs to draft some offense and insist that Lovie (if he's still there next season) put it to use.

Bears fan changed to Packer fan? Dude! If those cheesers are holding you against your will, say the word. I'll mount a rescue effort.

Yeah, Cutler gets bad mouthed a lot because he's not cuddly enough, I guess. The guy does a heckuva a job with what he's got. I can't believe he survived Martz's offense. That's a quarterback killer even with a good O-line. It did teach Cutler the value of being elusive so not all bad maybe. I'm not convinced Tice is the best OC in the world, either, but with the offensive weapons at his disposal, it's hard to say.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

The bad NYG showed up again Sunday. Someone needs to tape notes to their lockers reminding them it is a sixteen game season. Last two weeks highlighted a few very weak spots on the roster that require a remedy soon. Had a good run but it is time to cull the herd. Not holding any hope of a convoluted playoff berth. Surprisingly several of my gifts are embossed with a NYG this season. I hope the receivers are not too disappointed like I am.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Football fans!!!!

Yep, I have to agree. Looks like it's over this season to us here in Canada !!!

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Can't really say the Bears' win was terribly impressive.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

As a life long Bears fan (40 yrs.) I think that pretty well sum's it up.:rolleyes:

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

But.............unless ownership changes, that will always be another road block.