are 2 years old butt they hold a charge
several months.Not sure even need one.
Dont even know how they charge back up
when boats running. Heard the 120 on it
re-charges them but am not sure.:confused:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: On board chargers

If you have not had problems with needing to charge the batteries in the past, why put a charger on it?

PS: You don't have to hit the enter key to start a new line when you type. The forum software automatically starts a new line when it runs out of room.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

What we know so far:
1) you have two batteries
2) Your boat is a '97
3) There is no charger currently

What we don't know:
1) Is this a 12 or 24 volt trolling motor?
2) What engine and drive powers this boat (120 is not a hint other than HP)
3) Is there a dual battery switch, isolator, ACR or other device wired to the batteries (look)
4) The batteries are apparently getting charged but unless you fully charge the troller battery (12) or both (24 volts) fully after each use you will not see another two years of service from them.

We need a lot more detail on what you have in order to offer any meaningful help.

NYBo

Admiral

2) I believe it's a Force 120 outboard, which will charge the batteries. However, as Silvertip asks in #3, we need to know how everything is wired.

sightsrv

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Silver..I have the 97 book for it. I can get any numbers off it if need.
Its a motorguide, tracker series. "From manual put short". Its foot operated with a 12/24 switch.
Hard to see in pictures but it plugs into a panel (3 prong) also can control tilt/trim. Troll though
is operated buy the foot panel. Speed, etc is foot panel. Panel on the front as far as troll is just
the 3 prong plug. All else is foot control. Its a 97 right out of factory. I do know the 120 force
how I dont know was how say "hopped up" to a 150 in 1997? Its a one owner and passed right
after bought it. Makes any difference as far as options have no clue. Have a receipt for a upgrade
to a 150. He said cant put above a 125 so he spent more money on it. I have about a foot thick of
books, receipts on this boat. This is all I know. Have all paper work. Its a 97. Except for a 97 120
force "hopped to a 150". Have what it cost him. Nothing at all has been done since but 2 new
interstate batterys, best I know 2 years old. 2 new radial tires with chrome rims.
Thats it. No theres no switch. All can see on dash is lights, pumps for the 3 wells.
Thats all. Its a 97, has no options from factory but a motor upgrade

ok lets try to keep it simple.

Does the trolling motor work in both the 12v and 24v position.
Does the trolling motor speed up in the 24v position (just because it says 24v doesnt mean it is)
look at the battery cables and see if there is a wire that goes from one battery to the other battery. is the wire negative to negative or positive to negative.
Look for the trolling motor wires are there 2, 3 or 4 wires that go to the front of the boat.
Is there a big red dial that you can turn between the batteries that says A-off-B-dual

other things will help is.
How often do you use the trolling motor when fishing. how far do you run the main motor between fishing holes. is 120-140 dollars a deal breaker