Holiday 21 - 22 V5 years?

low277

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What years where the Holiday V5 21-22 footers produced? I am looking at one that has the full 5 strakes and a OMC i/0 the owner thinks it is a 1981 or 1982. It is a large boat, it looks large when my full size pickup is parked next to it.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Holiday 21 - 22 V5 years?

I'd look but I'm on my phone, check the brochure sticky at the top of this forum. The PO is in the general area for the year. I have the open bow version, '79.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That hull is sweet to be sure! The driveline is a dinosaur though, bummer.

low277

Petty Officer 2nd Class

jasoutside,

I have read most of your islander thread, was especially interested in the outboard on a bracket vs i/o debate as I was considering the outboard on a bracket route if I purchase this boat.

Any thoughts after having done the i/o swap?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh wow, great question! Without getting long winded (because it is a good subject to kick around) I'll say that if I were to hit the do-over button I'd likely go the exact same route I took.

Pull and sell the Stringer Drive
Buy up a donor boat with a good IO
Retro fit the new IO

Why? In short, $$ and I do believe I lean IO (vs. the OB).

If a captain had cash to spend and/or was a die hard OB guy, OB on a bracket would certainly be the way to go.

Just my thoughts man:eagerness:

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

it is amazing how much cheaper an I/O motor is to rebuild compared to a comparable HP outboard!!!! then you have to add a $1000 outboard bracket to mount the OB on!!!! and in the end it seems the only up side would be room , and being able to run the boat in the winter regularly...( ie , no need to drain the inboard every trip!)

I have an islander with an inboard, and have thought about this a lot

bob