Latest Mass Shooting

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Latest Mass Shooting

I cannot agree more BP.

Thoughts and Prayers to all of those involved, I'm so mad I'm numb.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Our prayers are going out to the families and all involved........ I am going to make a special point to hug my grandchildren today.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Prayers and thoughts going out for those people kids,
It is getting scary out there you Know!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Just plain sad. I wonder about the motivation of the 20 year old killer. Latest they're saying, close to 30 dead and mostly students. Who knows where the numbers will end up. One is too many.......

Prayers to the whole school, families, staff and community........

scipper77

Commander

That story made me shed a tear. It's just so horrible that I can't process it in any other way. It looks like he opened fire on a kindergarten class.

My parents live within 15 miles of there (not that that has anything to do with anything)

robert graham

Admiral

Our society is raising some sick SOB's!...There's no reasons or excuses for this type behavior, but it seems to keep happening!:mad-new:

JRJ

Commander

Very, very sad. What a shame.......

gm280

Supreme Mariner

It is too sad. Why do sick people have to take innocent children or even adults with them when they go over the edge???? Just let them kill themselves and stop killing innocents.... SMH!!!!!

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer

I can't keep but thinking about how hard this has got to be, with Christmas on our doorstep, all the presents under the trees that will not be opened...

But then, there is no right time of year to ever loose a child.... sick ****in world we live in.

mark1961

Ensign

Its been all over the news here too for the last few hours.....it is very very sad indeed.

V153

Lieutenant Commander

What's truly a shame is that none of the school staff were equipped or prepared to repel deadly force with deadly force. I really think we need to re-examine the logic behind that.

Prayers to the families.

Mod comment: Guys let's not go here as it is how this thread will go downhill. Let's leave this thread as simply respectful to the lost :(

Last edited by a moderator:

nwcove

Admiral

hearing it was the 20 year old son of a teacher at the school.

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer

What's truly a shame is that none of the school staff were equipped or prepared to repel deadly force with deadly force. I really think we need to re-examine the logic behind that.

Prayers to the families.

Edit: Perfect example of how it would go ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I wept as the news developed and changed. . .always worse than before. I tried to imagine how it would feel to lose a young child. My brain simply refused to even contemplate it.

A lot of the reports will change as facts are verified, but nothing will bring those children, or their teachers, back. My heart is broken.

matt167

Captain

Heard it on the radio this morning at work. We all stood in disbelief, everyone was very quiet. One of the young girls ( 8 Yo IIRC ) that witnessed it and survived was interviewed, and said that the students thought they were getting stomach aches because they did not understand what happened. It is heartbreaking.

NYBo

Admiral

Heartbreaking and horrifying.
halfmast.gif

In Deep

Seaman

Prayers sent out to all those affected and world wide over this senseless act.

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people affected by this sensless tragedy. What in the world could drive someone to do this to anyone is beyond me, but doing it to innocent kids...