Water coming from spark plug?! 1984 DT75

CalebWindham

Recruit
I have a 1984 Suzuki dt75. I had an overheating issue so I replaced my temp sensor, head gasket, thermostat and cleaned out the water passages which were severely clogged. I test ran the boat today and it ran excellent... at first. For about 30 I was running strong and then I lost significant power. I think I may have a power pack going bad. After removing the hood to check out my issue I noticed some water was leaking from the top spark plug. The water eventually stopped, but its gotten me a little worried. Any suggestions on what can cause this?

Bluefish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Water coming from spark plug?! 1984 DT75

First you can try to retorque the head. How did the block look any bad pitting or cracks? But usually the head is warped did you check it with a straight edge I think 5 thousands is max if it’s more you can wet sand it down. Put emery paper on flat surface and do figure eight motion to bring in down.

CalebWindham

Recruit

The head was surprisingly clean with no pits! I did check the head with a straight edge, it was nice and straight! I will re-torque the head and see if that helps. I appreciate your response!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

I noticed some water was leaking from the top spark plug.

Water should not come out of a spark plug as it is not touching water.

exactly where was the water coming out of spark plug?
Threads where it screws in or out of where ceramic and metal base meet?

Capt Ken

Commander

Are you sure it's not coming from the water jacket on the outside of the head?