Water pump smoke test results

Carpfisher

Seaman Apprentice
The verdict is in !!!
When I smoke tested the water pump outlet port on the lower unit- instantly had smoke coming out the driveshaft, it specifically said "when using the 6 vane impeller on 3 cyl motors, an o ring is not used or required at this spot". So I guess what I'm seeing is "normal" ?. This is whats filling up the driveshaft guide tube-then coming out the weep holes behind the motor mounts. Again, "normal".
When I injected smoke into the water tube going to the motor, there is a bleed hole a few inches up the starboard side of the pipe. It does not appear to be corrosion. It looks totally stock and perfectly round. This is quirting water into the cavity/area above the water pump and it pees out a hole at the front, at the mating surface for the lower unit.
I have pics for any naysayers, but it'll take a while to load them, I'm better at fixing things than fooling with computers, but I'm getting there.
So back together it goes, I think I will still pull the thermostat housing and start it up with muff pressure and see/make sure I have plenty of fresh water flowing, and I may do some more smoke testing up top. And ultimately taking my temp gauge on the water.
I'll let you know how it goes !!!
Carpfisher