Bike build off

woody66912

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Austin speed shop, put too much drama in it.
Jr's to bling.
Sr's built the same old crotch rocket.
Like, fast n loud. Milwaukee iron.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: Bike build off

J.J had his 15 min of fame, then flamed out in looser fashion. Sr. is no designer, he has people do that for him. Jr. is the design lead in his team. The L&F Boys are more home garage type, but then they do not have the resource base the others do.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Nice bikes, to much drama like usual though.

RogersJetboat454

Commander

J.J. acting like his usual punk self. Has talent, and a big mouth... Bike interesting, but not a chopper.
P.S. gracious, but missing the mark again. Bike not a chopper, looks too clunky. Really not digging the vertical strips of LED's for a head light.
R.R. Can't stand the guy, or his show. If you look into his history, he's basically a poser. Sold a company (un-related to what he does now) for millions, and adopted the bada** look, like he's been doing it all along. Honestly the bike they built looks clean, and cool (props to the beard). But it's rookie in a home garage cool (anybody handy with metal could do it). Not really the world class build that R.R. tells you it is. I would expect more changes/innovations/hand-built stuff from a "world class builder".
P.J. Gracious. IMHO deserved what he got. His bike was a chopper, it was innovative/different, had stuff to offer the eye with out being too over-done.

etracer68

Ensign

Fast&Loud was the only real chopper, and made the trip to the show. The others didnt impress me with a true chopper.

Yes, Im, a born a raised Milwaukee Iron person. Maybe a little bias.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

R.R. Can't stand the guy, or his show. If you look into his history, he's basically a poser. Sold a company (un-related to what he does now) for millions, and adopted the bada** look, like he's been doing it all along. Honestly the bike they built looks clean, and cool (props to the beard). But it's rookie in a home garage cool (anybody handy with metal could do it). Not really the world class build that R.R. tells you it is. I would expect more changes/innovations/hand-built stuff from a "world class builder".
P.J. Gracious. IMHO deserved what he got. His bike was a chopper, it was innovative/different, had stuff to offer the eye with out being too over-done.

I saw the episode of the builds. Didn't see the final one. So, I take it Jr won? That's cool. Wasn't over the top, came out better than I thought it would when he threw his idea out there.

I see JJ still has the same, "I don't give a rat's rump about anybody or anything" attitude. How well has that worked for him in life? May have loads of money, but, as far as the important things, not so well.

So that's where RR got all his money. Always wondered. I wouldn't call a guy selling a company for millions a poser. Apparently, he's no dummy. I actually like F&L. A lot less bleeping out than other shows. Still too much. I just ignore it. And, I'm a car guy............

The way I saw the bikes, there were 2 crotch rockets and 2 choppers. Funny how Sr and JJ who "were" hard core old school guys went that route....

I haven't watched American Chopper in a looooooong time. I see the series finale' is next week. May tune in.....

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Ah so I have a question for ya. If you had to pick one to ride 500 miles which would you choose? (I'd go with the L&F guys)
Bingo..................................... other than it being a hard tail.

RogersJetboat454

Commander

I
So that's where RR got all his money. Always wondered. I wouldn't call a guy selling a company for millions a poser. Apparently, he's no dummy. I actually like F&L. A lot less bleeping out than other shows. Still too much. I just ignore it. And, I'm a car guy............

I don't think R.R. is a poser for making millions after selling a company. I think his a poser based on how he acts. Kinda like the lawyers, Dr's, bankers, etc, that wear leathers on the weekend, and act like they're in a biker gang.

There's been some controversy as far as what they actually do at that shop, V.S. what they farm out, or find.
I guess there's a story of them buying some really tricked out Camaro from some kid back in the day. The gas monkeys hosed it with a fresh coat of paint, and were going to flip it. I guess R.R. was telling everybody interested in the car that his shop had done all the modifications to the car, and some how, word got back to the previous owner that R.R. was running his mouth, and the previous owner called B.S.

Then there's just watchin their show that ticks me off.
The Oldsmobile with the 303 that they made the sudden realization needed the engine re-built. Wayyy too hard to do that, so they went the 350 engine/ 350 trans route.

The fiberglasss Wildfire (or what ever it was called) that was one of 9, that they couldn't just clean up and sell. They had to also modify it too... :rolleyes: Oh, and when the cooling system turned out to be all plugged up. Don't flush it out or anything, just pick the lumps of junk out of the thermostat housings.

The Cadillac convertable that the Aussies bought to tour America. One of the principal things they requested was the car to be reliable for a long road trip. What did they gas monkeys worry about? Putting a new interior in. Slapping a huge ugly monkey sticker on the hood, and oh yeah.... getting it running 20 minutes before the guys come to pick it up. The end of that episode featured pic's that the Aussies took while visiting different places. One of which included the ramp truck picking up the dead car on the side of the road. :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Etc, etc, etc....
Honestly IMHO, they're hacks that got famous.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

No doubt they're a couple of knuckleheads. I'm sure that's exactly what DSC wanted. I watch just for the entertainment, not for the quality(or lack there of) of the builds. Guarantee they're smiling all the way to the bank.

Here's Richard's bio and his sidekick too......
Meet the Monkeys | Gas Monkey Garage

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Once again Paul Jr. proves to be the class of the show, in more ways then one.

And Yes I would rather ride his bike over any of the others, absolutely.

rivermouse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The whole show is scripted which means it isnt real.....