Painting plastic fenders & tire recommendations for DBL PWC trailer?

CZSteve

Seaman
Anyone have success painting plastic fenders?
I currently have a white Shoreland'r for our PWC's and plan on painting it black - the plastic fenders are in fine shape and along w/ being cheap I'm not having a lot of success finding black replacement fenders.
Trailer is a '96 double w/ lo-profile 20.5x8.0-10 (205/65-10) tires.

If doable; I'm assuming Krylon Fusion is the way to go for plastic. Other suggestions? Recommended prep?

I'll also be replacing the tires / wheels. Original plan was to keep the 20.5x8.0-10 tires but if I end up getting new fenders I can adjust for tires accordingly.
We generally just tow short distances locally and I imagine the lower profile tires help when having to launch shallow.
I've noticed these tires are readily available at a very reasonable price in 10-ply E load ranges while the 13" and larger seem to be mostly a C load range. Each SeaDoo is 500 some pounds dry but everyone recommends going w/ the 10 ply.
I'm also thinking the 20.5x8.0-10 tires would bounce less than a tall / thinner tire; or I'm I thinking backwards?
- Pros / Cons of the 20.5x8.0-10 tires?
- Keep this size or go other?

Thanks,
Steve

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: Painting plastic fenders & tire recommendations for DBL PWC trailer?

Fusion will work fine - just lightly sand beforehand.

My galvanized trailers have white plastic fenders, but my black trailer has black plastic fenders. Look for a dealer that sells Yacht Club trailers. They are all black. The dealer should be able to order replacement parts for you.