Seasons over.

stuw pidasso

Seaman Apprentice
Here it's only December 10, And I'm already putting My boat away for winter:mad-new:. I most likely won't get it out until March.
It's going to be a long 4 months.:cool:

Stuw

Dustin07

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Seasons over.

lol helped my buddy winterize his boat 2 months ago. March would be good, maybe a bit early though. I'm taking advantage of long dark cold winters to shop for my next vessel now.

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

Don't take offense....but I don't feel sorry for you:cold:

Got 8" of snow yesterday and it's 10 outside......:facepalm:

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Yea in the process of doing the same thing, Am making and changing out the trailer bunks this week and will be pulling mine in a few days.

My winter weather pattern is setting in, that's about 4 or 5 days of rain then one with sun and in the 35 to 50 degree range. :facepalm:

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sledding is tough when it rains. You need to be much further north. ;)

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I really like the people that don't boat in the winter... it gives those of us that do a lot more room at the launch ramp and on the water!

Maybe y'all should consider not starting back until June or July?:laugh:

Dustin07

Seaman Apprentice

lol does Alabama have 'winter'?
in Seattle winter means 6+ months of go to work in the dark, drive home in the dark, the ground is never dry for more than a couple hours once every few weeks, and you bring your boat home from the marina because your backyard becomes lakefront property for a few months. lol

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

As a prior Wisconsinite, I understand putting the boat up for 4-5 months, being on the water as late as possible in November and cutting ice on April 1st.

However now that I am a cheesehead in paradise, I boat year round.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

For those of us that enjoy winter, its bittersweet to put the boat away... It also means I get to pull my snowmobiles out of storage!

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

For those of us that enjoy winter, its bittersweet to put the boat away... It also means I get to pull my snowmobiles out of storage!

and/or get out the ice fishin' shack!

I'd rather be on my boat though....:blue:

coreybv

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Heh, around here we consider it unusual to still be boating at Halloween, and in April we're often still waiting for the last of the ice to disappear from the lake.

Add me to the "no sympathy" list. :)

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I normal keep my boat at the slip from March to December and I really don't mind a bit of time off. I always need a bit of time to make improvements and add stuff. and do yearly maintenance. I could leave it on the slip but I wont be using it and cant stand the thought of it just sitting there and not looking after it and making sure its ok. Its a short list this year I more or less finished the rebuild last spring and ever thing worked like I wanted, but it needs a few minor tweaks.

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer

This was here at my place in November...
530881_10152269366900487_1045317813_n.jpg

64osby

Admiral

We had a mix of rain and snow today, in the end nothing on the ground.

I'm really glad the new tarp was put over the boat shelter yesterday.

It's been a 45 days since I've been on the water. BA meetings daily right here.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

My season ended earlier than usual. Extremely low water in the river, wheather with poor timing and a second hospital stay this year.

I was able to secure a new project boat though so that will help get thru the cold and ice. May have to be one of those guys at the ramp taking up time by using a power winch next year.