Force 75Hp Engine - Idling and Pull Away

Pitbul

Recruit
hi guys

please help!
i had a huge problem when trying to pull off from standstill this weekend.
she idles fairly rough, and when moving the accelerator to forward gear, she dies.
almost as if the floods.

i see a sticker on the engine saying that if the idle is adjusted other items need adjustment at the same time?
can someone send me a layout of the engine so i can see what needs to be set and how i need to adjust them?

please help

regards

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force 75Hp Engine - Idling and Pull Away

The 70 and 75 have Mercury controls and there is no provision for compliance in the control cables. THUS: If you change the idle speed using the idle stop screw on the timing tower, you must change the setting of the throttle cable where it is attached to the engine support plate.

However, if the engine ran well prior to this, then before you go messing with the idle speed, pull and check the sparkplugs. Fouled plugs will give hard starting when warm, stalling at idle, and stalling when put in gear. It is a simple and cheap first step to pull and clean the plugs.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force 75Hp Engine - Idling and Pull Away

Pull and clean the plugs as Frank suggested.

Then try it.
If the problem still persists, pull the plugs again, as it may actually be flooding.

Could be a couple causes for this, recirculating system and fuel pump are possibilities.