Profile Information/Signature

EddiePetty

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I don't claim to be the brightest bulb in the string, but I find it frustrating when I attempt to assist others on the forums and the poster has included zero information in either their Profile and/or Signature line.

Frequently it is most helpful if the poster would give a clue where they boat/reside and at least hint at the type of craft that is in question. (I.e. We need not offer freeze protection for someone in the UAE!

Might the powers-to-be include a request for this information in one of the Sticky? :confused:

woody66912

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Profile Information/Signature

+ 1 on that, I work in WI Midwest, the things I see hear don't happen in other places. Heck I've worked 30 miles form were I live and seen a completely different set of issues. Such as lakes as opposed to river conditions.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

For what its worth, I just learned what a "V card" was in business talk, I do not feel stupid, just a little out of my league at times/behind the times.

This V card is much like the info you need to post when you need help here.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

V what?

I believe this has been discussed in the past. There are just some people who don't want you to know who they are or where they are..... Tough to fault them in this day in age. It does help to provide certain info to resolve issues however....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

If needed, I will provide information on my qualifications when it is pertinent to the conversation. But at this time, I have no desire to reveal more information than needed. My employment in a previous life has led to some extremely difficult situations for some individuals who have crossed my path.

Jeep Man

Commander

Bugs the carp out of me and obviously many others. IMOP, it should be mandatory to include in your information what area, be it northwest, southeast, midwest etc. and what country your in, unless you are in the witness protection program. If you are in the program, then our friend Tony Soprano would like to take you on a short, leisurely fishing excursion on his cruiser STUGOTS.

QC

Supreme Mariner

As was mentioned, we have been there, done this . . . Result? There is not going to be a mandatory profile/signature requirement. The Internet can be as anonymous as you want it to be. I am not sure any of us really wants it any different. If you run across this problem in a thread, either politely ask for the pertinent info, or just ignore the thread. Not sure there are any other answers :)

TilliamWe

Banned

"Ray

If your WRONG and you shut up, you are WISE
If your RIGHT and you shut up, you are MARRIED"

What are you if you have the same grammatical error, twice in one phrase? ;)

Sometimes more information is a bad thing! hahaha