vacuum and pressure test

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
I will be redoing my LU over the winter and in the past I have done it the hard way, and I decided to get a vacuum/pressure pump and do it the right way, and with what research I have done it looks like abound 5 psi, both negative and positive, for one hour, that seam`s to be the standard and wondering if that's correct.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Re: vacuum and pressure test

15 lbs pressure,5-6 lbs vacume for at least 20 minutes. Use soapy water to find leak's if it doesn't hold pressure.
Grub

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

TY I appreciate it. In the past I have all ways done the work, dropped it in the lake for a few days then pulled it out and drained the oil and looked, never had a problem, but its a lot of extra work and expense. I ran across one of the mityvac pump kits reasonable and bought it and I have a O ring fitting from my LU fill pump so it should work fine.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I realize this was some time back but I am just now getting around to replacing my water pump impeller and housings. I did the vacuum / pressure test and it passed fine. That will sure give me piece of mind this next season while its sitting on the slip.

Once again thanks for the info.