Canada Elk..................

salty87

Commander
Re: Canada Elk..................

some very lucky people closer to the end....'cept for the old-timer who spilled his drink! the horror lol

Bigprairie1

Commander

Very interesting and entertaining stuff.
I'm not exactly sure where that is....but that looks like an average day in Banff, Alberta. The tourists definitely don't get the message on the danger element so there is a lot of extra effort that has to go to keep them safe.
I like the bunch of camo guys at the end tripping overthemselves trying to get away....hilarious. You would never think so many guys can fit between 2 parked vehicles.:happy::lol:
BP:joyous:

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Hey Bigprairie, very good, Banff, Alberta is where it's supposed to be! It was funny, a bunch of grown men scattering like little girls... They're all tough and mighty until the elk approaches them.....lol

southkogs

Staff member

There's a farm down here that has a few elk on it. They've got one bull and when he's in rut, it's pretty amazing. You can get rather close to him (probably 10 feet or so). He'll bang away at the fence and trumpet at you while you're there. For as goofy as that trumpet sound they make is, you can feel it throughout your body ... very cool animals...

... and very tasty too ;)

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

uh, that looks a lot like Estes Park Colorado......

Been there a hundred times, everytime wishing I could take just one home with me......

For my Freezer!!

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Very interesting and entertaining stuff.
I'm not exactly sure where that is....but that looks like an average day in Banff, Alberta. The tourists definitely don't get the message on the danger element so there is a lot of extra effort that has to go to keep them safe.
I like the bunch of camo guys at the end tripping overthemselves trying to get away....hilarious. You would never think so many guys can fit between 2 parked vehicles.:happy::lol:
BP:joyous:

Hi BP-
I know what you mean about Banff, it can get very scary there when the elk start to rut!!

(mind YA, the golfers usually whack a few in the head with golf balls every years so there is some balance)

And I bet the guy on the scooter running around was a US deputy, that area looked like the Flathead valley in Montana, and there was a pic of a HWY sign, route 96??

angus63

Captain

Still would rather square off with one of these rather than a stressed-out housewife Christmas shopper.

aspeck

Staff member

Yep, Lipp, I was sure it was Estes Park also. Got some great pics of the Elk on the golf course. I've only been there 3 times, and every time was great fun!

rbh

Fleet Admiral

We have a herd of Roosevelt elk about 6 km away, I heard they were transplanted there years back when they were building a dam site and had to remove them from the area.

(right in the middle of a no hunting zone of course)