Johnson 1978 115 HP V4 running good now.

Jtrader

Recruit
:) Just wanted to share good results finally on my older Johnson Seahorse. Posted several questions, looked in archives and bought a Seloc manual myself to resolve issues. No success as well as having local advice and a couple of want to be marine mechanic's work on it. I was having starting, idling and wot performance problems plus other issues. The compression on all 4 was good with +120 psi. Everyone told me what a great motor it was once problems resolved. I about gave up after a lot of wasted time and money. I did resolve though the spark and charging issue by replacing the stator and rectifier myself. But until I had the carbs rebuilt properly and not just taken apart and cleaned it was a nightmare. Bottom line is to have the right repair service do the work. It may cost more but in the long run you will save much time and money. I wasted three months to learn my lesson. At least I did and have a good repair service to turn to now. Motor is running great with better gas usage with the proper tune up. I almost bought a new engine for over $9K with my trade in. As of now I have only $1725.00 in it which included all labor, new starter, plugs, carb kits, fuel pump, shifting lever connecting rod gear and shifting/ throttle control box with both new cables. We are finally able to enjoy the boat. What cold weather, who cares. Good luck and happy holidays to all.