Circuit breakers panel on a 2000 Monterey 262

cruiser262

Seaman Apprentice
Hi guys

i have a 2000 Monterey 262 ,i am having an issue with my marine head.It is a Jabsco Manual Head with holding tank and macerator pump to discharge the so called"black water"overboard.
Here is the issue.When i go on the DC panel and turn on the macerator switch nothing happens and no sound is heard(batteries are on of course).I thought it was a problem related to the flow control valve located in the engine compartment next to the holding tank...unfortunately whatever is the position of it the waste goes always in the holding tank only and it is never discharged overboard.I read through all the manuals etc and they mentioned a circuit breaker that must be on...now the circuit breaker they mentioned is the white switch on the DC panel located in the galley or there's a circuit breaker panel location which i don't know?

Many thanks

Cruiser

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Circuit breakers panel on a 2000 Monterey 262

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... Not much help, but a Test meter will tell ya where the Power is,... or ain't...

If yer powerin' the pump, 'n it ain't pumpin',... I'd guess It might be the problem...

cyclops2

Banned

Could be any of the following IF they are in the boat. Circuit breaker, Float awitch, Valve is in wrong position. Sludge is blocking discharge, Air locked or vacuum locked

Motor has failed. Some body did a bad DIY with some parts.............Lots of things to carefully check out...........In the correct sequence.

Marine plumber / mechanic is needed.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Many boats are set up with a circuit breaker that puts power to the switch/s. Look around you may have another small panel somewhere that has one or maybe two push buttons to run the macerator pump. Two push buttons so it isn't turned on by accident and left on.