Wil this be compatible for a 1988/125hp??

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Wil this be compatible for a 1988/125hp??

104_7056.jpg

YES! That one has the same 1/2 inch tilt pin so either the whole midsection can be bolted to your block OR the transom clamps any power tilt can bolt to your swivel yoke. I have one of those tilt/trim units and I really like the newer Mercury style transom clamps--way better than the 1988. Once I clean the corrosion and free up the T/T it will go on my 150, then on my 21 foot cuddy..

Be careful though: What is the exchange rate of $AU to $US? It may already be, or may get to be too expensive with bidding to be worth it

Justinde

Chief Petty Officer

Hi Frank

Its an australian auction, and 'buy it now' is $250.00, or about $260.00USD. Is it worth that?? I have 5 days left on it.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Over here, a GOOD power tilt and trim assembly will sell for 300 and up. I did read the ad but do not remember if it came with associated wiring. Even without it, you can easily make a wire loom and relay set for almost nothing if you scavenge auto junkyards.

Personally, unlessIi have a pressing need for a T/T unit I stay away from ebay and try to use parts off a junker.

However, at 250AU, it doesn't sound like too bad a dea, land if you use paypal, you do have some measure of protection. I don't know how much because I have never needed to complain.