New Project, could somebody identify

jumpncrash

Recruit
Hey guys, I'm new here, pretty much my first thread, but I've been reading for a while.

I just picked up this boat from a friend of mine that needed to get rid of it, only thing is I know nothing about it and was wondering if somebody on here could ID it.

It comes with a Merc 350 35 HP but I don't know what year it is and i haven't found a serial number on the engine yet. the boat will be delivered at my place tomorrow so I'll be able to start checking it out more in depth then.

So anyways, if anybody has any info on what year/model/make any of this is it would be appreciated, thanks.

Now for the pics:

DSC_0729.jpg

DSC_0730.jpg

Willyclay

Captain
Re: New Project, could somebody identify

Welcome to the forum! The members here are great and the experts, which I am not, can help you with any questions about your boat and motor. Your boat sure looks like my 1970 Glastron V-153 except yours has a custom paint job. Could be any of several years. Measure the centerline length and post the findings. That may help lock it down. Good luck!

jumpncrash

Recruit

Welcome to the forum! The members here are great and the experts, which I am not, can help you with any questions about your boat and motor. Your boat sure looks like my 1970 Glastron V-153 except yours has a custom paint job. Could be any of several years. Measure the centerline length and post the findings. That may help lock it down. Good luck!

Thanks, this is my first boat, not even sure if it'll be worth fixing up or not at this point, but for the price I couldn't refuse. I'll get measurements and additional pictures tomorrow when I get it dropped off.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

That could be a fun little boat, you will of coarse need to find a trailer for it and once you actually get you hands on it check it real well for bad transom/stringers/soft deck, all the old glass boat stuff.

I am gonna call it a mid 70s something, with all the hundreds and hundreds of regional boat maker over the years there is a good chance you may never know for sure what it is, hopefully your buddy has paper on it.

If all that checks out you may have youself a boat.

jumpncrash

Recruit

That could be a fun little boat, you will of coarse need to find a trailer for it and once you actually get you hands on it check it real well for bad transom/stringers/soft deck, all the old glass boat stuff.

I am gonna call it a mid 70s something, with all the hundreds and hundreds of regional boat maker over the years there is a good chance you may never know for sure what it is, hopefully your buddy has paper on it.

If all that checks out you may have youself a boat.

Thanks for the response, gonna go pick it up later, I've already started looking for trailers, found a few semi local but they seem to come with free boats most of the time, nut if this one turns out to be rotted out that could be a good thing :p

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Oh, Crud! That is NOT a Glastron. It is a ski-boat and I had one just like it. BUT---I forgot the name. I bought mine with a 105 Chrysler specifically for the engine. The boat was in such poor condition that I filled it with shingles when I redid my roof and junked it.

Unless I miss my guess, it is 16 feet long.

If you hop over to Fiberclassics I'll bet you will find it.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Make sure you can or have the paper work in order before you start putting money into it.

jumpncrash

Recruit

Make sure you can or have the paper work in order before you start putting money into it.

that's probably a good idea, I'll have to check up on that, I don't even know what local regulations are concerning that. I've been on teh water since I was 5 but but I still don't know where the pontoon boat's papers are.